1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I want to donate...

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Steam Key Trader®, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Steam Key Trader®

Steam Key Trader® New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:83941893
    Hy, I wanna make a donation, but is temporarily disabled. Does anyone when this will became available?
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Minimum of another month for cash donations, but it's something we're actively moving forward.

Yet if your goal is to help the community, you don't need to use cash to do it. Getting the word out about SteamRep and anti-fraud tools, writing your own guides, making your own videos, encouraging communities to use our API-- these things really can help newbies avoid getting scammed.
  3. Steam Key Trader®

Steam:
    Nice words, too bad I can give you only 1 like.
    Yes, I agree with you, doing these things will help the ones who don`t know too many about trades to avoid the scammers. But I consider that by doing a cash donation I can show my appreciation for all the hard work you guys do to help the steam users. You guys really deserve to get a salary for all you do.
  4. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    The admins at SR won't get paid via donations, the donations are to keep the website up and running. Just in case you're slightly confused.
    Anyways it's great to finally get a estimate of when the donations might be back :)
  5. Steam Key Trader®

Steam:
    Yes,I already know that. I know they have to pay each year for hosting, for XenForo license and all stuff.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Estimations are Valve/Steam(rep) time ofc :p
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Under Diego, admins did get a very very small amount, maybe 10$ a month from leftover donations not used (previously I posted this fact as well) In addition, a one time reimbursement that Diego's lawyer insisted he cover. At the time, only a small handful of admins and nowhere near what we pay now or what SR will pay shortly for a massive server upgrade (will be over 2.5x more then current costs) Under Mattie, donations were iced and some of the admins (primarily Mattie) contributed out of pocket for some "thank you" gifts for active admins. As for the new donation system, have not seen it or know how it will work specifically but due to the massive server upgrade, I do not expect donations will cover operating costs.

(I dont think anything I posted was non disclosure/I wanted to be transparent, feel free to remove if you think otherwise)
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I wouldn't be opposed to having ads generated on profiles either by google or other providers to offset the difference an added donation system is bringing in.
    If you wish to support the site outside of being able to donate just click on a few of the ads from time to time and allow them to be viewable without using an ad-blocker.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    We'll ask Valve to advertize for their Steam Marketplace, Mann Co store, CS:GO store, Dota2 Store etc on our site... however, it will take them Valve time to decide over it....

Paypal (I've rebaptized them to "LoanShark" after their change of policy from 45 days to chargeback to 180 days), has no interest, they do not support virtual items.
    Clarn likes this.
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you charge back a donation then what are you really out of? lol I've had that happen before but I was never really out of anything to start with.