1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I was scammed by a middleman/admin listed on SteamRep! What now?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by MATTIS, May 11, 2016.

1. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:48565559
    Hi guys. I was so dumb to be scammed... The guy who scared me was the REAL Clive admin from SteamRep..... Can you guys maybe help me get my item back by pushing him? It was a Safari Mesh Bowie Knife (my first knife). I have ALOT of evedence to prove its him (screenshots). Hope you could help me :)
  2. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @MATTIS

Please verify the person you traded with, all the help you need is right above your post. Follow those steps posted in this guide with screenshots so you can verify who was the person you traded with.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Mattis, please read everything over 2x. If you have evidence, make a report.
  4. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    i just made a report with screenshots and everything... Is there no way i can get my item back?....
  5. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    But i have a question. were do i see my report?
  6. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    Here you can see some of the fotos.

Attached Files:

7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    @MATTIS -- you still have not read this following post because you're posting evidence that is not useful! http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...man-admin-listed-on-steamrep-what-now.121100/

You're not showing the ID64 from Steam itself to confirm it's the real person (hint: I'm 99.99999% certain you were hit by an imposter). Hopefully you can apologize to the real Clive once you read the above thread to figure out who you really traded with. Follow it step by step on a computer (rather than an iPad) so you can do proper research.

Steam makes it very easy to copy names and pictures. A picture of just the profile won't help at all. You need their ID which will look something like this 76561198136278923 perhaps.
  8. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    Look at picture two. It says his ID number
  9. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    BY the way i found the middleman on steam rep so it cant be the other man.
  10. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    iam so sorry for all this... i apolegiese for saying Clive is the real scammer.... but i got him from this side... but it is not the rihgt one... is there ony hope so i could get my knife back?
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You trusted a link the scammer provided, presumably before he invited his alt into a 3-way chat. Just because the scammer linked a SteamRep profile in chat with the same name/avatar as Clive's, or because the "admin" knew you tried to add him (remember the scammer usually runs multiple accounts at once to pull this off, so it's the same person), doesn't mean it's the real admin or middleman. That's why it's so important to follow those steps before trading, and never trust links or screenshots sent in Steam.

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to get your item back. If it were actually an admin or middleman, we could maybe try and reason with him because we know him, but if you traded with a scammer who probably does this for a living, then there's nothing we can do. We're not "Steam admins" like the scammer undoubtedly told you, and we don't have any more access in Steam than you do. The only ones who can do that are Steam Support, and their policy is they won't, ever.
  12. MATTIS

MATTIS New User

Steam:
    Thanks for an answer. Sorry aigan for putting the wrong guy in the wrong place..... If you guys could do something to shut down all those fake Clives down it could be great. I've contacted many that got scammed by them. Some of them lost more than 2500€ to them. Really hope we could stop them (forexsample report them on steam). There is like 25 on them on steam. Sorry aigan for the mess