1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I wish "Pending Reports" counted as a tag

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Sep 8, 2014.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    This would be so much faster at checking someone's rep.
    I could load my steamrep profile, and instantly see if I have any friends with a "Pending Tag".

I also just got a firefox addon which displays if someone is a scammer or not if I view their steam profile on firefox.
    I like it when something is quick and easy. When I get 5 adds at once, I have to check each one, and prey to god that I didn't accidentally recheck someone twice and accidentally missed one person that was an actually marked scammer.
    I have a short attention span, and have to try extra hard not to slip up. Why make things harder on me, steamrep?

PS. Sorry I took your time away from marking a scammer to read this thread. (seems to be the common steamrep admin complaint, so I'm apologizing in advanced and actually mean it)
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Uninvestigated Reports will be included in the API before long so your addons will be able to display that.

The (clunky) Firefox addon I use shows SteamRep in an iframe, though, so it's easy enough to see pending reports.

I believe you could have asked your question in many fewer words without throwing in random complaints at how SteamRep (a volunteer site) makes your life harder. That would have saved you a number of seconds of your time. :) But it's fun to give us grief, I guess!
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    s✿✿✿, I wanted to make it harder, by having the API only show the Admin statuses and not the banned statuses anymore.

Also, on making it harder, just give them nicknames within STEAM before you do anything, name them like: "annoying", "lunatic", "batshit insane", "mirandized" and ofcourse "death row"

Then, when you look them up, you have a way to "memorize" them. Or, if you played in the early days the game "DOOM" then you can "keycard" them to the colors as they did back then "green" for the first, "blue" for the second and "red" for the third, make up colors after that if you have to. (or alternatively, see: from 3:53 and on)

But anyways...
    - install Firefox.
    - install https://openuserjs.org/scripts/n0name/SteamRep_Profile_Checker made by our good friend from FoG: @n0:name
    - login to steam in firefox.
    - Open down the notice of you having invites, you get a nice list.
    - CTRL-CLICK every profile that invited you. (KILLER TRICK, WATCH OUT, LIFE CHANGING sorry, there was no "blink" tags :()
    - Profit!!!!!!!!

TL:DR: If you have a problem with your own way of working: don't blame us, improve your way of working.

There, all your expectations met.
    M'aiq and SIVARTZ like this.
  4. Master Blaster ©

Master Blaster © New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:13525716
    Any idea how many pending reports end up without resulting in a scammer tag or warning? I'm just thinking it sure would suck to be isolated for however long it takes to address a pending report only to be found innocent in the end. I mean it's probably a good idea if 100% of the reports end up guilty for the accused, if not 100% guilty then you sort of provided a disservice to the innocent.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Almost all reports are genuine. There is no incentive other then protecting other traders and getting the offender banned. That we need to have good standards is just that we don't want to rely on just the "he said / she said" arguments, but by proof.
    True, it means that a bunch of actual scammers will be able to escape for the victim didn't know to make screens of the chat. All other screens can be provided later. This doesn't mean they are innocent, just not to our standards proven that it was so. I'd guess that less then 1 in 500 is having other reasons then a actual scam, falsified evidence etc.