1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Introducing SteamRep's YouTube Channel

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, May 8, 2014.

1. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hey guys and gals.

A few of us here at SteamRep have been hard at work to educate the community and keep in touch with you guys as much as we can. @Penguin The Fluffy and I are at the front of this trying to come up with new ways to appease the public. In order to boost education on fraud prevention, we have several projects in the works. One of these projects is a YouTube channel where we will be making guides, safe trading tips, and whatever else we can think of.

These videos are hosted and written by none other than Penguin The Fluffy. He deserves almost all of the credit for these so make sure you give your deepest praises (or hatred) to him. Today we're officially unveiling our first video, "How to Report a Scam".

Please leave feedback and tell us what you think. We're going to come out with more videos and announce them regularly, both here and on the Twitter (which you can follow via my signature).

We will hopefully have a few videos out with the next couple weeks, we'll see though.
  2. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    There will most definitely be more videos released in the next couple weeks.
  3. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    Sticky this for a bit before it gets eaten up by all the new threads being made.
  4. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    It been a while since it's last video upload. What happened to other plans for other videos? you can do some video about scammer or a video on how to avoid scammers.
    Mattie! likes this.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    The staff member driving this ran into IRL concerns that prevented this from continuing. We may start having contests around creating these to get some more activity in this area.
  6. [JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM

[JCGG] Jomarcenter - MJM New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44619298
    Oh ok. Well my suggestion is to get some celebrity expert or something to host or as a special guest to your video that is outside of Steamrep or just an expert. But it just my suggestion. Well good luck with your video and hope it will be good than reading a very long list of scammer types or something.
  7. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    I'm going to un-sticky this until we can reboot the project. We'll be back (hopefully).