1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Is It Ok To Trade With Someone Who Has A Few Unconfirmed Reports But Isn't Marked As A Scammer?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ◕SorroW◕, Sep 4, 2015.

1. ◕SorroW◕

◕SorroW◕ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:88471514
    Hey there, I'm currently looking for a blizzardy storm brain bucket and the only seller I could find hasn't been online for a day now. Its 4:30 am here and obviously I'm not gonna wait until 7 am until he gets online and we can finally discuss an offer. I've managed to find a couple of owners but so far none of them are willing to sell me theirs. I've found someone else with a blizzardy storm brain bucket and I really want to trade him. Currently, he has 4 unconfirmed reports but isn't tagged as a scammer. I've read that trading with someone who is tagged could get you tagged which I obviously do not want to happen but I don't remember the rules specifying if trading with someone who has unconfirmed reports could get me marked.

Profile: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198083022739

- SorroW
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Don't trade with someone who has been reported as a scammer. They're laundering scammed items. Whether or not SR finds out and tags you, you are opening yourself up for a trade ban.
  3. ◕SorroW◕

◕SorroW◕ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:88471514
    The reports did seem like they were telling the truth... I'll continue finding someone else who might be selling. Ty for the quick reply tho :)
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If they have pending reports, you need to make a judgement call. Try and review the evidence presented if you can. The chances that you'll be marked for trading with someone who isn't tagged yet are relatively low, since that is not how the rule is intended to be enforced, but if they're truly scamming then you also have to worry about the risk of getting scammed yourself, or getting a trade ban from Valve. Unconfirmed reports are displayed on their profile as a warning for you, you should try and take advantage of it.
    Cyborg likes this.
  5. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Well, I just accepted one of those reports, so I think that may help your problem.