1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Let me tell you about scheme of trade

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by a tasty serving of, Dec 12, 2014.

1. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    Recently I got added by this guy http://steamcommunity.com/id/evil_plus/ after I posted a trade about me wanting Terraria. We get to talking and he says he has a 4 pack for 2keys. I accept that price when he says its not tradeable but, "What about gifts. You know about 30 days. I cant to trade gifts in a standard way through trade window. But. Let me tell you about scheme of trade during autumn sales:

1. I buy game (or games).
    2. You can see gifts in my inventory.
    3. We traded and you give me a keys/tickets.
    4. And i'll send you gifts from inventory.
    5. PROFIT!

I considered it for a second. Then i got to vetting. Hit up steamrep, it was clean. He's a level 30. Then i notice something odd. He has 142,480 market transactions but only 3000 and 422 trades with 4.3 hours of game time in 2 weeks. The numbers just seemed odd to me and the grammar was also off. Decided not to do it. Ya'll think he was trying to scam or not?
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    yeah, valve put the games on a 30-day wait before tradeable. This is the "scheme" they came up with on reddit. At least one can MM it when visible in backpack, instead of CD keys thats totally invisible.
    when without MM, it can get tricky. It also in either way blocks you from claiming the traded items if games get revoked.
    Wrath likes this.