1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198043842025 Listed as a scammer for fake rep and alt

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Cartlidge, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Cartlidge

Cartlidge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41788148
    I recently decided that I would start trading, doing it through Tf2Outpost ive made a decent amount of money so I decided to open up to SourceOP tf2 item trading, I decided to start up a rep thread to help with my trading.

I asked a friend who I recently sold an item to, asking him if he would give me some rep he did. Today I look at my Tf2outpost and steamrep and I am listed as a "Scammer" for "Fakerep" and the other account is my "Alt".

Firstly, the other account has 4 years on it, I have only 1 year, secondly he has more games and hours on tf2 than me, more background research should be done this guy is obviously not my alt and calling him so is idiotic.

Secondly "Fakerep"? I sold an item to the guy regardless if he is my friend, that shouldnt matter when it comes down to rep.

Thirdly I am no "scammer", I have no other "scams" to my name so automatically assuming I am a scammer because of this is riduculous. Can the admins have a look into this and realise how stupid this actually is.
  2. MC__NABS

MC__NABS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20725639
    I too do not understand why we have both been banned. If you take the time to look at both of your account you will see I have got 4 years on my account with 168 games plus steam badges where as Cartlidge has 1 year with 45 games and no steam badges which makes it impossible for me to be his alt. Furthermore, I have had countless trades on TF2 prior to this falsely alleged ban with dozens of +rep comments on my steam wall.

I bought the item of my friend, Cartlidge and he asked for +rep on his steamrep page of which I didn't have an account, so I made the account and gave him +rep. I find it REALLY hard to understand how this warrants such a harsh and rashly given ban. Furthermore no evidence was provided to either of us in how you came to this conclusion with further emphasis my belief that this ban was given without thought.

Thanks for any help that may be provided in our case.
    Cartlidge likes this.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Well then please post your trade and paypal history.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    1 week to followup as its been over 1/2 a year
  5. You Are The One

Steam: