1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Making sure this is a scam.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Shrekkan, May 14, 2015.

1. Shrekkan

Shrekkan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45136417
    This guy (76561198067370845) offered to buy a couple of csgo items and seems to have sent me an invoice instead of an actual payment. I just wanted to make sure this guy really is scamming me before i report him since i have never had to report someone before. I didn't send him the items yet because it seemed pretty suspicious and also noticed there was already a pending report on him. Just looking for clarification thanks!

Attached Files:

2. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
    Don't go through with that.

The seller is the one that sends the invoice. The invoice gets sent > customer pays the invoice > money goes to the person that created the invoice.

In this situation where you're selling CSGO items, you should be the one sending an invoice, not him.
    Hitman Sparky likes this.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you have proof it was him (typically a screenshot of his profile in Steam with the URL bar visible while added will suffice), and an uncropped Steam chat showing his agreement to pay the amount on the invoice, then it's probably enough.