1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Massive Increase in Valve Trade Ban

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    As many of you have probably noticed, as of late, many high end traders have been getting Valve trade banned, permanently for some reason or another. Is valve starting to crack down on trading with dupers/hijackers/scammers with a 1 and done permaban? Or are there other reasons these traders have been tradebanned?

I just wanted to start a discussion about this.

Thanks!
  2. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    It would be best to ask this to the persons who got these bans, i for one have no idea as to why they are banning people from trading.
  3. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    That's the thing. It's happened to 7 or 8 friends of mine in the past 48 hours and only 1 or 2 even know the reason for their ban. Some were permanently banned, others have an account lock that valve won't undo.

Are there new trading rules that not everyone may know are a part of Steam's terms of service?
  4. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Tell them to stop buying duped crap from og.
    Pretender and Starburst like this.
  5. ViRaGisTe

ViRaGisTe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33820496
    Tf2shop.net bots got trade-banned
    Snake Doc also permanently trade banned .. the common issue was that they received some fraudulently purchased items.
    so .. again be aware of whom you're trading with.
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Well the 2 who I mentioned knew why there were banned bought from a duper. The others have completely no connection to OG. 0 scammer friends, etc. Just straight up random trade ban (from my understanding of the situation).
  7. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    Did they call for support to ask them about those bans?...I bet they arent banned by mistake but it's still possible, i have been trade banned for 15 days, i asked the support why, they couldn't even answer me as I had no report, no problem etc and they unbanned me the day after.
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I assume they have. But they haven't responded or the bans would have been removed. But I am certainly more than confused about this issue! But has anyone else noticed an increase in Valve Trade Bans?
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

I think Valve got a issue to settle, and stepped up a bit on the effort vs problematic stuff. They didn't tell any of us anything tho.
  10. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Stop buying thousands of keys from month old steam accounts with almost no games and no playtime you f✿✿✿s. Just because they are not "listed" a scammer does not mean you should not use common sense. Most of the people being trade ban deserve it just for that.
  11. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    How many of your friends bought items from paypal?
    Maybe due to the market, they're cracking down on paypal trading?
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

not so much on paypal, but carders seem to have an insurgent, as are hijacks.
  13. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    How many of these users had the Tux? Some are saying those who cheated for this item are being banned.
  14. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    They do have Tux, that might be a possibility.
  15. takethepants

takethepants New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27332147
    Highly doubt it. I used the program and I'm not trade banned. It's very easy to get the item. It's like saying people who have gibuses are getting banned. Also, you would have to get gift wrap to trade it and it's not worth anything, so it's not even worth the price of the giftwrap.

Either they're stepping up enforcement or they have some new fangled algorithms to detect fraud, etc.
    Mattie! likes this.
  16. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    Some of the users lended their steam accounts to others to get those Tux.
    If your scammed by lended your account to someone, then it's possible valve punshined both users.
    I know a legit user who did this as a service..going to check all these accounts.
  17. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Well I just found out one of the guys who got trade banned got trade banned for ACTUALLY scamming, lol... Well that explains 3 of the 7 or 8 now.
  18. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Great news if Valve is acting to remove more undesired players from the game.
    Mrs TS likes this.
  19. Mrs TS

Mrs TS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29411941
    And I for one will have to add.....its about damn time !!!:cool:
  20. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    I personally am not of the opinion that ending up with hijacked hats (whether or not they bought them from the hijacker or ended up with them after 10 people) deserves a permanent trade ban. The way valve is doing trade bans these days, many people can't Purchase Games, Send Gifts, Recieve gifts, etc. It basically renders the account useless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.