1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Method to search for reports on partner community sites

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5, Apr 16, 2015.

1. [GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5

[GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56398161
    Hello,

I was wondering if there was a possibility you guys can add some things to the "Research Tools" section of a users SR profile.

For example, F-O-G , is handling a tonne of the "new" scam reports.

I believe it is justified that you add a Fortress of Gaming ban search, so that we can be protected from users that may be tagged soon, yes, I/you can go to F-O-G and search for an individuals ban personally, however it would be really convenient to simply add this.

I hope this suggestion is considered, or if a method exists directly from a users SR profile, I apologise for the waste of your time.

Thanks
    Get back to reports
    ☣Solaire☣ likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Google ID32 should find it too. I know even though ours are on there directly to our bans page its also searchable and comes up from Google's ID32 search.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    To add every community there would be a bit too much in our opinion. It has been revised several times over the years. The "hack" we use to display the number of reports on SR is not available on other communities, so we cannot poll them to show the reports from various communities either.
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Thanks @[GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5--

While we probably won't add every community to those tools, we definitely need to update it with more active communities. Thanks for the suggestion, it's something we should add.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. [GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5

Steam:
    Yep, F-O-G is one of the main ones i've been getting at, they seem to be getting a tonne of the new reports.

Cheers.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. [GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5

Steam:
    Any idea of when this will be implemented?
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Valve time....
  8. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Honestly, no. But we do believe it's a good idea and we want to implement it.

Just also consider, there's a lot of other tasks, as well as the reports and appeals backlogs which are priorities.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  9. [GTT][OP] harshilbisMau5

Steam:
    yea im aware, was just a question on if you knew when it would be done.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. n0:name

n0:name FoG Owner Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26752334
    Valve time^2 is still infinity..

I'll show myself the exit now.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Buzz Lightyear: To infinity and beyond....
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    LOL you guys derail everything you touch lately :p

So here's a fun one for you to consider (on topic cause that's how I roll) - reddit scam reports arrive (95% of the time) via modmail. This is not public, and most - if not all - of the trading subs don't allow public scam reports. The trading subs are for trading.

Because of the nature of reddit, it is not possible to add to a thread after six months have passed (threads are archived at that point - ie commenting is no longer possible). Furthermore, the admins have stated in the past that reddit was never meant to be used as a marketplace (citation needed). These things combined with the fact that it's stupid-easy to create and ditch reddit accounts makes trying to record fraud originating from reddit something of a nightmare. I'm not saying we're bad at it though :D However, even maintaining a subreddit for the sole purpose of recording scams gets difficult when you cannot add to a thread after it's archived.

When a report comes to modmail and if there is nobody able to issue a "BANNED BY REDDIT" tag, then we will respond with some variation of "please provide XYZ screenshots and make a report to SR."

Long story short - reddit will probably never be added to any searchable report list. But hey - you can always message modmail to ask about someone :)

...What's it like owning your website guys? :( Give me some anecdotes for my vicarious fetish.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  14. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    this_thread_is_now_ponies.jpg
    Reddit would probably be excluded from this, as obviously only publicly accessible reports would be searchable.
    It's... hot and sexy.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**