1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need chatlogs or invalid report

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Luiki Bayo Sapphire), Aug 5, 2016.

1. Luiki Bayo Sapphire)

Luiki Bayo Sapphire) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58405671
    I dont really understand this.. I got scammed myself by a couple of guys who had different tradelinks then there own inventory..

In there inventory they got full fades, Fire&Ice patterns etc. After i got scammed i did a lot of research on these guys and found 8 people in there little scamgroup..

I got proof of everything, double accounts, other items then offered etc. And they also got a lot of steamrep reports by other victims.. All of these reports are invalid since we cant provide chatlogs. I can kinda understand that, but what i dont understand is that the admins dont even check the accounts we sent? If they just research for 5 minutes they can ban them all and save a lot of coming victims..
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Without chat logs its he said vs he said for MOST reports - I marked your reports invalid and checked out the users even checked you out.
    If we come across something such as the user or you being an alt account of a already tagged user that would be addressed. But if there isn't something showing intent to scam there is nothing we will do. There are too many variations of what if's that could be happening with out the proper evidence to support a report otherwise people reporting others just for any reason they think of with zero evidence. You wouldn't like it much if someone reported you without the proper evidence and we just felt "ohh he's gotta be bad/guilty" and tagged/banned you I'm sure. The aftermath for appeals process takes a long time to go thru so unless we are 100% sure the reports are marked invalid/archived and we move on to the next.
    There happens to be thousands of reports still hanging - 30+ coming in a day.

You are more than welcome to report the user to Valve they may have something else we can not see and may address it.
    Edward. likes this.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    We get lots of reports and these types are a bit outside of our normal policies. We typically need trade agreement evidence (to show the agreement was broken or attempted to be broken).

But since this is becoming a common scam approach, we'll be discussing this internally to see what we can do on these cases.

Stay tuned-- I'll try to follow-up later this weekend if we decide on changes.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    As it stands, our current policy is not to accept such reports. You might think it sucks, but if I get an appeal for such a case, I would be forced to grant it. No point in tagging a user if they can instantly appeal it. As said above by Mattie, we can look into how to make this work in some capacity. At the end of the day tho, its on users to check items, that's why you are forced by Valve to double confirm every trade.
  5. Luiki Bayo Sapphire)

Luiki Bayo Sapphire) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:58405671
    Thx for the replys! And ill stay tuned