1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need help, I have a complicated situation

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by cham56, May 17, 2015.

1. cham56

cham56 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:60250116
    Alright so I am in a weird situation. Around today, a csgo gambling site called trade.ninja (https://www.trade.ninja/) appears to have closed without warning. Trade.Ninja opened around 3 months ago, and was supposed to be a rival of csgo lounge (http://csgolounge.com/). Instead of trading skins to bots to bet on games, you traded in your skins for credits. You then use the credits to bet on games, and then you can trade in your credits for skins. I thought it was a good idea, and so I and many other people started using it (I started around the time they first released the site publicly). Although the site had a few problems, and the owner acted unprofessional on occasion it did not seem likely that the site would close anytime soon. Except a little over a week ago the site's bots stopped working, so it was impossible to take skins out of the website. Shortly after that the website stopped listing games to bet on. The website staff said that they would try to fix the bots, but they did not. I tried adding the staff members on steam to find out when they would fix the bots and add games, but I never got a response. And then today I get notified by this reddit post that the website is down (https://www.reddit.com/r/csgobetting/comments/3690cn/looks_like_tradeninja_is_done/). I had around 48 dollars worth of skins in that site, but I know that valve will not help people for reasons like that, so I wont be getting them back. If I cant get my skins back, I at least want valve to lock their staff's bots and storage accounts so they will not be able to just run off with all of our skins. The thing is there is a chance that the website went down so they could fix some problems, but they have not made a public announcement yet on the matter. And so this is why I made this post, because I really do not know what to do now. I dont even know how to format this if I was to report it as a scam. Please help me :(
  2. cham56

cham56 New User

Steam:
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Always use ID Blocks, and make it a report.

And valve... send them a email... altho I have no idea who to contact for CSGO stuff or steamtrading... Best course of action would prolly be a steam support ticket for mayor scam of dozens/hundreds of steam users.
    Roudydogg1 and cham56 like this.
  4. cham56

cham56 New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the response. Alright ill make the ticket, yeah its around a few thousand users. Sorry I am new to this what is an ID block?
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    - open steam page of the user
    - put its URL in the search box on http://steamrep.com and click search
    - below the avatar is a box, with all the ID's of an account, the ID64 and 3ID are permanent ID's, that cannot change, "custom" is what a user can change any second.

Yours:
    | steamname: cham56
    | steam3ID: [U:1:120500232]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:60250116
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080765960
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ememememememme
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080765960
    cham56 likes this.
  6. cham56

cham56 New User

Steam:
    Thank you!
  7. USAFMike

USAFMike New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20981877
  8. MiKapp1t

MiKapp1t New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59532288
    It seems to be as if you are in the same boat with many other users. I have done minor research and discovered that the owner claims that his profile is business related only, therefore the low hours, yet I do not understand why he would buy GTA5 for an alternative account. This leads to my conclusion along with the fact that he is Steam Level 4 that he is a potential scammer. His Trade Ninja group and forums are becoming toxic. I have sent him a friend request and if he decides to accept, I will enquiry further and get back to you. For now, I suggest you create a Steam Ticket as SilentReaper suggested.
  9. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Did some due diligence for you. Like MiKapp1t said, the forums are becoming very toxic. You should take steps to document everything you can in case the site becomes permanently closed. Best of luck.
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Best is to make a report, and put in all the ID blocks of the bots and owner/admins/mods etc in it, give evidence of what was given to those bot(s).

I don't have the time currently to start digging at this.
  11. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    What SilentReaper said. He or another SR Mod/Admin will follow up on the report. :)
  12. MiKapp1t

MiKapp1t New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59532288
    Just an update: The owner failed to respond to my friend request while he was online and in-game which concludes to the fact that there is definitely something suspicious. It is in my strogest belief that if you haven't done so already, you should quite certainly report the owner and any of the moderators that you strongly feel may have been in on the dodgy business.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  13. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Imagine: you have (created?) a issue with the site, and all its users are adding you... at a certain point, you are no longer indulging in answerring everybody personally. Not saying he's innocent or w/e, but at a certain point you stop dealing with 1:1 interactions for it. And that is done mostly by ignoring everybody's invites.

< prime example
    Flying Anonymoose likes this.
  14. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Fair enough example, but I get the feeling that people are trying to contact him pesonally because he hasn't made any public statments about it.

If that were me (or I assume any other owner I know), I would publicly announce the users' concerns and keep them updated -through means of mass communication- instead of saying nothing at all. In doing that I would kill two birds with one stone.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I agree on that. Public announcement is the way to go in such a situation. only can mean one thing...
    Roudydogg1 likes this.