1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need urgent help for problematic scamming/hijack situation

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by [SmC]Yarr™ #PirateWeek, Jul 1, 2014.

1. [SmC]Yarr™ #PirateWeek

[SmC]Yarr™ #PirateWeek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25742166
    Hello,
    I had ToolBot that I have been running and I got stolen 8 keys and 1 ref from it by exploiting (other lost whole backpacks). I was doing some research and I found out that those 2 bot codes I bought for 26 keys were illegally distributed, even the guy who sold or "coded"(he removed me from his friends as I was telling him I was going to do steamrep thread about this and he promised to provide "fix" version) them to me was claiming that they were working together with the guy who originally made the code. So 8 keys and 1 ref was exploited off from me by the original owner of the coder. Now Im standing with a code that is not available to use and lost of almost 34+ keys. Im not sure what I should do now.. :/ I'm asking your opinion what is the best way to gain the lost/hijacked items back and how to form the proper report form? (I have screenies, names and chat logs(not all)) and from valve said what should be included and explained? Thanks in advance for you help... If you need more info just ask and Im happily gonna provide them.
  2. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Nothing is going to get those items back for you, unless you convince the thieves to return them.

Yet, if you can provide evidence via our Report form, then we can get the offending party banned from a lot of community sites.

If someone is distributing malicious bot code, then please do report the evidence you have ASAP so others don't get scammed.
  3. [SmC]Yarr™ #PirateWeek

[SmC]Yarr™ #PirateWeek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25742166