1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

New Trade Notification UI?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Wrath, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30129880
    Just noticed this, courtesy of my sibling who I don't think he realized that eSports cases are worth more than the trade offer he sent.

Screenshot 2014-12-12 22.51.59.png Screenshot 2014-12-12 22.56.30.png

When did this come out and what other changes have been made? I'd normally ask @DARKLY | Jakk or @Xel'Naga but both have been MIA for sometime now. I get the feeling it came out on the Beta Steam at least two or three days ago.
  2. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    l8. Welcome to Miami <3
  3. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    How l8 am I? lel.
    {FG} TheMCBros99 likes this.
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    Does this have any real advantages?
    I'd rather know if someone was ever tradebanned.
  5. I think it has some advantages. Like idk, prevent getting scammed from mm impersonaters or other impersonaters? (I'm actually suprised that VALVe is thinking about scams)
  6. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    It doesn't yet, so it seems. Opened a trade window with a recently un-banned reddit mod, not giving me any warnings other than the usual stuff.
    I'm surprised they're doing anything to be honest, my rejection rate is at an all time high lately because of things Valve has yet to fix.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    If you hadn't removed me, you might had known bout it.
  8. {FG} TheMCBros99

{FG} TheMCBros99 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37872447
    This has advantages, because of the "friend scam" where they pose as a friend. It shows there date, and friendship etc. You could have your friend be admin in your group and it would tell you. Just a safety feature. And its been out for a while, which is why I said "l8"
  9. Wrath

Wrath New User

Steam:
    You would have removed me eventually for I feared I would start bugging you with minor transgressions.
    Given the scam still continues even today, I doubt it'll help as much as I'm hoping.

The mere fact that I'm late to it shows just how pathetic some traders have been getting. They don't use SteamRep, they don't look at the Reddit guides, for f✿✿✿'s sake, they don't even GOOGLE things. I get over two dozen invites every day, the amount of rejections and ignoring traders is quite high as of late. I get the feeling it's only going to get higher come Steam Sales.