1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Partner Community Vouch Requirement

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Enstage, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Found that on Google. Don't say you made it if you didn't :(

With that said, the topic of this thread is the Partner Community Vouch requirement. In all seriousness, let's try to get back on topic. If there's not further discussion/we find there's no other ideas, I'll lock the thread.
    Enstage likes this.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    (I hate to break it to you, I made it and put it on Reddit about 2 years ago m9, I use it when I can to make myself feel loved.)
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    (lock the thread before silent gets back)
  4. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for likes, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my thread go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will show you didn't make that image.

Reference to image 4 years ago: https://web.archive.org/web/20110827215312/http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/threadjacking

I'll lock the thread later today since we're really bad at not going off-topic.
    Enstage, Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I see the admin training is being put to good use... :D
  6. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    This thread: What did I just read?

Anyway, partner community vouch requirement will be removed soon. HOWEVER, I still heavily recommend it.
  7. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    On that note, locked.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. Eoj Nawoh

SteamRep Admin:
    Xenophobia and Enstage like this.
  9. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Should have kept the vouch requirement and made the applications hidden. There is no need for others to know where someone is located or their age along with a few other tidbits.
    So if this was something that was discussed on the back end, the big picture has been missed thus far.
  10. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Back in the day when SR was mostly TF2 driven, the vouch requirement made sense. Times have changed and we really don't need that requirement anymore.

We need to be transparent when it comes to who applied and which applications were declined / accepted, so hiding them isn't something I'm in favor of.

I wouldn't understand hiding nationality, but age I guess is kind of understandable. Applicants could ask us to hide sensitive info if necessary (they already do in some cases).

Most of the form questions are just re-worded to be more specific or more clear. Not much new other than removing the vouch, though current questions are subject to change.
    Enstage and Hitman Sparky like this.