1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Paypal scammed - help needed

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Mr. Pain, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Mr. Pain

Mr. Pain New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:44581544
    Earlier today I sold about $800 worth of items to someone in multiple transactions. About 8 hours later he changed all the payments back. What can I do to improve my chances of winning the chargeback? I've already submitted what I think is a detailed report to paypal including the chat history, inventory history, proof that his account is the account I traded with and that he was the one in control of the accounts.

This is the first time something like this has happened to me so if someone wants to add me and give any additional help I am all ears and with open arms.

Also, as a side note, I did check his SR, BP, and amount of games (154 games) and nothing seemed out of place. I decided to trade with him because he had a large amount of games and was actively playing them.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Go ahead and make a report but winning a charge back thru paypal is very hard when it involves virtual items but sounds like you've done all you can.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You can file a police report. I see you are from the USA, I'm not sure on the lower limit of cash value to be able to report it to the FBI, which will be even better.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    don't even waste time with the FBI unless you have evidence they are trying to take the money to fund another airplane flight into a building somewhere.. just go with local lawyer and let them file proper paper work otherwise it won't go nowhere beyond a basic local police report...complete waste of time if you do that and not have a lawyer do the proper paper work. As for the cash values...depends on the state and how much from larceny to petty larceny as each state has its own amounts.