1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question about SteamRep Partner communities

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Lucky Shot, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Lucky Shot

Lucky Shot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48760292
    Hello. Well, we all know that steamrep needs a lot of time to check out all these reports, which makes them need months or even years to answer them. So, this makes it important for people to search of an alternative site, instead of reporting someone to steamrep. So, about SteamRep Partner communities, which is the fastest one to check a report? In the beginning of March, I made a report (and also, 2 other guys did the same) about a scammer selling steam games that got revoked a bit later. No answer since then. :p I did the same thing, in the middle of June, at Harpoon Gaming and they only needed around 1,5 month to answer and they banned the scammer. So, I'm thinking them as a quite fast site, but my question is if there are other SteamRep Partner communities that are faster than Harpoon Gaming. This would be useful to know, so that people will start making reports to your fast SteamRep Partner communities, instead of reporting here, and making your job even more impossible. :D Thanks in advance for your answers.
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hello, Admin @ Lethal Zone here. You're welcome to make a report on our site. I personally check new reports every day, and I guarantee that you will receive some form of response within 24 hours of making the report. Fortress of Gamers also has a very active reports section.

Many reports, however, take a long time to either research or resolve, whether it be here or on a Partner Community. Please remember that SteamRep staff are working as hard as they can to deal with the volume of incoming reports.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There are several Partner Communities to choose from that accept reports - You can find a full list on the front page www.SteamRep.com ... there isn't any that really can take on the sheer volume in which SR here can take just because its expensive to supply all that bandwidth along with storage, equipment etc. We do encourage reporting on the Partners for sure, as Gentleman mentioned LZ takes some, FoG takes some, HG takes some and well my own community WA takes them.
    The amount of reports coming thru here are sometimes well over 100+ a day but do keep in mind that when reported HERE they are flagged as "Pending Report" leaving it up to the users that still review said person to decide on their own if they wish to trade with that person. If you report to a partner that "Pending Report" notification will not be present.

There are a bunch of reports that are a year+ old but most of those reported are likely not even active in trading anymore so priority kinda goes towards the front and mass reported users, however back tracking we still do and it takes time either way.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Partner communities have much less reports going their way, but none of them have the capacity to work thru all the reports that SR receives per day (I believe the average is now about 80 reports per day).

The response time on partners greatly depends on their admins having SCA or not, and their admins availability to work on them. SCA access means basically that some of their admins have access to our backend. We don't show which communities have SCA access. Examples of SCA enabled communities are: FoG, WA, LZ, Reddit, SOP, OP and HG. Believe there are more, but I forgot which, and cba to look it up.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  5. Lucky Shot

Lucky Shot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48760292
    Thanks for the answers. Well, I just prefer to see some fast bans, that's why I asked, in order to know to use the site Fortress of Gamers in the future. I know it's not your fault, but I just think that more people should make reports in your partner communites, in order to lower the pressure off you guys. And to be honest, I've seen people not caring about pending reports, saying things like: "He explained to me that it was just a misunderstanding". And even if some people are stupid enough to believe these justifications, I really hate to see scammers profit. Scammers are thieves and they should be permanently banned as fast as possible.
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Personally, I would report to SR. Yes, may take longer to process, but cant say more then that...
  7. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    Well, that is one way to say you don't thrust anything beside yourself.
    Leves and Roudydogg1 like this.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    It has nothing to do with trusting partner tags, I'm a partner myself, its I dont exactly agree with how defunct comm tags are dealt with currently and the issues it causes, I have thrown/forced the issue up internally with SR (as mentioned in a previous post I recently made you can look up if you wish) and it looks like they are finally ready to address it. Other then that, cannot comment.
  9. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    I.e. All those posts about MCT/UTC (Just an example.). Glad that your advocacy is getting traction.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  10. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    I assume you mean http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...from-a-branch-of-steamrep.113687/#post-315768 ?

But let's see if there will finally be some changes...
  11. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    Separate issues,
  13. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    If you mean my post in the partner section, I am no longer able to see it so i cannot look back into that for a post from him.