1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question on API limits

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by bluecoloredjellybean, May 8, 2015.

1. bluecoloredjellybean

bluecoloredjellybean Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11110394
    I was wanting to implement the API on my site but was curious what was considered to much traffic. I would obviously cache heavily and only query on request but is there a soft limit? My traffic is still pretty small but just wanted to make sure I don't accidentally crash a server :p

Thanks!
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As far as I'm aware, there are currently no real limits. We did had to IP ban a abuser that we could not link to any community, but that was doing over 1 million requests a day..... we still don't know who/what that was.

Currently, its not really limited, just cache for an hour or 2.

Plans are to have a limit per hour or some for unregged, and that bigger comm's can request a API key for near limitless. But that can still change.
    Roudydogg1 and Mattie! like this.
  3. bluecoloredjellybean

Steam:
    Oh jeez, that's a stupid amount of requests per day.

And alright thank you, I'll get things setup accordingly. Another question, are there docs anywhere about the specific info that can be output? I saw that 'SR SCAMMER' was one possibility but are there more (I assume things like sr admins show up as well).

Also I have to say, it's blazingly fast compared to steams-api, cool stuff!
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  5. bluecoloredjellybean

Steam:
    Oh derp, I didn't see the extra stuff posted in the XML (was only looking at the jsons). Thanks!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.