1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Questions about Appeal Backlogs

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by A shady furret, Aug 19, 2016.

1. A shady furret

A shady furret Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47990669
    Today I decided to go to the "Processing Appeals" tab in this forum to check up on myself and others' cases.

With SteamRep's policy of prioritizing older appeals, I had a check at some on the old appeals and found that some cases from as far back as 2014 had been left without even a single moderator comment. Others hadn't been touched in over 2 years. And there were quite a good few of these.
    I also found that some "Change of Heart" appeals had been wrongly put in the "Banned by SR Appeals" tab. (Or just hadn't been moved)

What happened here? Does the policy not apply in this area?

I fully understand that mods/admins are very busy, but when I find an appeal from 2013 that a mod last responded to in January (Still not resolved) I can't help but having to ask questions.

Thank you for your time.
    Sincerely, Shadow.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    There are not a lot of admins working in appeals right now, or even qualified to work in appeals, so we're behind.

Change of heart section was newly created, so not everything has been moved over yet. That would require going through the entire "BANNED BY SR" forum and reading each appeal to decide if it needs to be moved, which is being done but takes a while. Part of moving them over now is to try and separate the "I'm changed" pleas from the "I never scammed ones" so we can determine whether they're truly innocent with higher priority.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Also, looking at your appeal, SilentReaper wasn't "working" your appeal so much as prescreening and asking for prerequisite information/steps. He didn't "forget" you so much as he wasn't assigned to your appeal to begin with. That's when your appeal was filed into the BANNED BY SR section, long before the change of heart section was established.
  4. A shady furret

A shady furret Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47990669
    I see.
    Thank you very much for the clarification and the swift response. :)

Have a nice weekend,
    Shadow