1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Received Free Items.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Punisher 2, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Punisher 2

Punisher 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:94819722
    24 hours ago i received a trade offer with 2 free items in it. It had 1 knife plus 1 gun. Without hesitation i accepted the offer. Minutes later the original owner wanted the items back. I told him i wouldnt give it back since i just clicked accepted and did nothing wrong. He threatened to get me ban, even though i did nothing wrong. I might be a scumbag but i did not violate SSA. He posted about it on some forum and my account got spammed by scam reports. I this morning i was trading some cases from my alt to my main when i noticed that i had a trade scam warning. I am now worried that this will get me trade banned. Is there anyway possible that the person can get me banned for accepting the trade offer which he sent. I have not had any contact before the steam offer was sent, and i never tried to add him, so phising and scamming are off the list. But can he get me banned by lying to steam and telling his "friends" to report me?

His account:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198056430811

Attached Files:

2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    I don't see any reports on you, and if you didn't even chat or communicate outside that trade offer, he can't get you banned here.
    A trade offer is so many actions that one has to do before the offer is send with a number of items, I could not accept "accidental" clicking. They know whom they trade with, they initiate it themselves.

The only exception is the malware scripts that are going around, but tbh, those aren't send to the wrong person.

I did however notice that in the screenshot "your" side was without a avatar, and your account having avatars for at least 2,5 month so I have to asume that the account you respond here isn't the account that got the trade offer.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    In addition, individual communities can ban for whatever they want.
  4. Punisher 2

Punisher 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:94819722
    The trade happened on my alt account where i play with IRL friends on, and i thought ill be the cool kid with the knife so i traded it over to that account.