1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

"Regarding Gifting" - Valve on gift restrictions

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, May 2, 2015.

1. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I honestly find it hard to believe most users couldn't see the benefit in the restrictions. That is what amazes me about the internet sometimes, people tend to only look at the negative effects that something like this has, and how it effects them. They fail to look down the track and realize that in fact the purpose of the negative things is to help them; and most likely has done without them knowing it.

I really think think his self-post nailed it. Although, it should have been a more "universal" (?) announcement of sorts, rather than just in the Dota subreddit.
    Roudydogg1 and Hitman Sparky like this.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The addition of the default ON for the trade confirmation emails was just beyond stupid IMO. They shouldn't be forcing that kind of setting upon users, give them the option but default it off as it was to begin with and give players the option to turn it on. I can't tell you how annoying this has been on holding in server events that require entry fee's that I do.
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    I personally don't find the email system that troublesome, and prefer complaints over checking emails, over complaints of hijacking.
  5. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366
    "Did you disable the email confirmation?"

"Yes."

"Well..."
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    They could have gone about it another way... I'm tired of jumping thru hoops cause of their lazyness to fix things on their end.
    Everything they've done lately and not done has worked against the community in general the very people that are helping to keep the game (TF2) alive. Moving to steam trading only a few years ago was a bad move to start with but now its just gotten annoying.
  7. WarNev3rChanges

WarNev3rChanges New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46250366

Everything they've done lately has been them trying to fix stupid.

Nobody told them that you can't fix stupid.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    They know they cannot fix stupid, its just that the stupidity delivers other problems to them (CC companies requirements on fraud rates etc) that they implement things to keep their fraud rate lower.

They wanted trading, not the crap around it. (which is their stupid, lol)
    Roudydogg1 likes this.