1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

+Rep & -Rep

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by WinterSnow ◊, Jun 3, 2015.

1. WinterSnow ◊

WinterSnow ◊ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:66810827
    So my friend gets all these -rep(s) on his profile! what does it mean?;)
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    nothing, they try to express "reputation" but don't even known what that is.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
  4. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    ^ I always send that link to people that ask me to +rep their profile. I hope they read it.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Unfortunately, they already know that. It's about getting enough of them so that they can trick someone else who also doesn't know that into giving them an item thinking they're trustworthy.
  6. Blissharmony

Blissharmony New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27742888
    Well, maybe it would be a good idea to start trying to get the knowledge about +rep and -rep being useless out there more, I tried to tell my friend this and he just told me "I have been trading for like 3 years, I know what I'm doing" and he also said that it's not entirely true because, sometimes +rep and -rep can sometimes be true. Sadly, when I sent him the link to steamrep, he just said "no". Some people sadly just won't listen.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Not everybody will listen, and its the easy way out for them.

Just tell ppl you trade that their profile rep is all fake, and the bad rep deleted.