1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197961558210 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by AIDS Distribution, May 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AIDS Distribution

AIDS Distribution New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:95249707
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197961558210

Victim profile: 76561198150765143

What happened? Description:
    This is what happened. I was looking to know how much my knife was worth because the price had recently risen and I wanted to trade it as fast as I could so I could make some profit. I bought it for 135 euros and it was now selling for 170-190. I was looking around in some websites and found this guy saying: "If you need any help add me and im on always." So I add him and he answers a minute or two after. He says "How can I help you?", So i say that I want to get my knife evaluated and he says seeing as there has been a great market peak these last few weeks I think that you can sell it for 180 euros and I ask him if he knows any other knife worth around the same. I wait for a bit and he answers: "I've got a better idea. How about iI give you some Steam Card Codes in the value of your knife. I can get them cheaper through another website" I thought to myself. This has to be a scam. So I go to his profile on Steam and I see this: Feel free to look: http://steamcommunity.com/id/medellincartelprimo . As you can see he has an absolutely outstanding reputation on steam and he even said it himself. WHy would I ruin a lvl 101 on steam with over 613 +rep's, Gold Donator on Lounge, 65+ reps on Lounge Certified Premium account on paypal over a karambit rust-coat. Now I see all these screenshots in his profile. I think the same to me. Why the actual f*** would this guy scam me? So I say "Sure how much can you pay me?" he says "180$" and I go sure! This is more or less what happened. Maybe slight difference in words or sentence phrasing but as soon as I traded him my weapon he ignored me. I kept on texting him and texting him while recording the entire conversation. My OBS is a little freaky but you can see the conversation. He asnwers 20 minutes later after I threat him multiple times that I'm going to report him and I'm thinking, he must have gone and got the cards or something. SO he says "Hey, how can I help you?" and then I'm like. You serious? I've just traded you my karambit. Hes like "I dunno who you are or what you want with me." And in a quick succession of messages he says. I dunno what you want, I dont want to talk to you, bye, cya. He unfriends me and boom hes gone. I go to his profile and try to type something on his profile but he deletes the comment as soon as I refresh the page. The morning after he disables comments on his page so I can't do anything.​

Provide Evidence:

Its a shame that my OBS was glitchy at the time but you can see the conversation once in a while. Please watch the full video. I do go into a bit of panic because that knife was really precious so I do say some swearwords, apologies. Please watcht the full video especially first part and last part.

The first picture attached is the persons inventory on the night they scammed me and the second one is his inventory the day after.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @AIDS Distribution Not accepting videos - you need to go thru the video and take screen shots of all the chat logs and anything else you feel is important to add.
    We review these things quick as there are a few thousand and no time to go thru a video AND they have a bad habit of disappearing/can't host them here.
  3. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
    Do i take it down or how can i edit?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well just reply with screenshots as you just replied..you can add 15 files per reply.
  5. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
  6. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    all evidence must be uploaded to the report - also no need to tag me
  8. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
    So what is it??? Do I reply or do I edit???
    I dont know how to edit the report!
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @AIDS Distribution Each time you reply you clearly have a UPLOAD A FILE button right beside the POST REPLY button. You are allowed to include up to 15 screens or attachments PER reply.
    So the next time you reply - upload with it!
  10. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
  11. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please be patient - I may or may not return to the report - I sort a bunch but even then not all reports even get looked at to start with.
  13. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
    Ok. Anyways thanks so much. I would really like if you could catch this scammer. I saved up for along time for this idiot to steal my money. It would be amazing if you could get him :(
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The objective for SR isn't to punish - you have it wrong. The report as with any others are searchable and give users down the road a tool to see if they wish to deal with this user OR YOU in the future.
  15. AIDS Distribution

Steam:
    Sorry for grave digging, but I really want to make it offical that this guy scams. Please! He has scammed my only valuable item and got away scot free. He's got like 12 years of service and having a steam rep scam thingy is gonna ruin his trading. He commited a felony (stealing) and the least I can get is the reassurance he wont this anymore or as easily.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Once again - you have it wrong. SR is here to educate others that deal with this user and YOU in the future. Not to punish.
    As for your report - the chat evidence is cut off - not conclusive to show you ever did get a code or not.
    This therefore falls into currently policy as noted:
    I'm afraid we do not accept reports dealing with cd keys, game codes, steam codes, Pin codes etc.. due to change of policy.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

You are welcome to report the user to Valve

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.