1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Need More Info Report: 76561197961780820 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by Sparkie, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Sparkie

Sparkie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50833212
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197961780820

Victim profile: 76561198061932153

What happened? Description:
    Ok so I have a trade on csgo lounge for my Butterfly knife for Cash. This guy adds me and says he can pay Paypal and go first. I told him that's fine but I'm going to use a middleman through the whole transaction. He then brings up about how he knows if my knife is real or duped. #Warningforscamrightthere. So I told him I'll send some pics from my trade history but he then keeps asking me to trade my knife to another inventory to make sure it's not duped (Again another sign of him wanting to scam by using his friend copy my friends profile). But I'm just like this is a 11year old account with lvl30 so I'll just be careful and nickname the Middleman in case he wants to do the scam. After a while he get's off and I decided to do a thorough check on his friends that had a trade ban, funny enough they were doing and saying the same things he was.​

Provide Evidence:
    If you want more evidence look at his friends trade ban. It's the same scam.​

Attached Files:

2. Sparkie

Sparkie New User

Steam:
    Welp I went ahead today and decided to get more evidence. I called up a friend on skype and we gave each other nicknames to not be fulled by the MM scam. So he added us into a group and told us to trade knifes. After we traded he kicked me from the call and got his impersonator to trade with my friend. We then decided to troll him and got enough evidence that he should banned.

FYI: The pictures are not in order. Sorry didn't know how to upload them in order.

Attached Files:

3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Did you by chance happen to get a screenshot of the impersonator's profile, with the URL bar visible, while impersonating your friend? Do you still have their Steam ID?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Sparkie

Sparkie New User

Steam:
    No sorry. I remember seeing the account as a freshly made with portal 2 and nothing else. Didn't think it'd be necessary.