1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197962078636 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ᴀмѕ | Bandito, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ᴀмѕ | Bandito

ᴀмѕ | Bandito New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40650551
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197962078636

Victim profile: 76561198041566831

What happened? Description:
    The scammer added me claiming that he was interested in purchasing my unusuals. I immediately realised that he was attempting to scam me and began going along with the conversation so that I could gather evidence. He asked me how many keys I wanted to sell my unusuals for, then precoded to ask if I had a friend I could trade my hats to.

At this point I was in a mumble chat with one of my friends, Miknando, and asked if he could let the scammer add him so that I could get the conversation from him. I did not trade the hats to my friend, which is what the scammer was requested I did.

This is a well known scam but it still catches out many people.​

Provide Evidence:
    Image number 1 & 2 are screenshots of the conversation between the scammer and myself.

Image number 3 is a screenshot of the conversation between my friend Miknando and the scammer.

Image number 4 is the screenshot I took of the scammers profile when he added me.​

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      139.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      127.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      78.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      822.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Did you by chance get the Steam ID of the impersonator? And can you please provide a link to your friend's profile for comparison?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    This thread has been archived since the requested information was not provided. If you obtain the requested information, please create a new report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.