1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561197962296154 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by AssasinSniper, May 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AssasinSniper

AssasinSniper New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64200041
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197962296154

Victim profile: 76561198088665810

What happened? Description:
    This will be my first and final time reporting a user on SteamRep. After this incident, I decided to not trade with anyone in the TF2 community and possibly the Steam Community in general, and I now know that I cannot trust anyone, and my actions and others are the ones to blame. The opposing user outsmarted me and my own stupidity led to this scam. I was doing the wrong thing as well in the first place. I was planning on buying a Rocket League "Alpha" account, which is an account that has more features since the account was a part of the Rocket League Alpha/Beta. This was the thread I saw and I had very high interest and added the scammer, "Lux".

Thread: http://www.mc-market.org/threads/94894/

Since I knew that the alpha accounts were rare and extremely valuable, I offered in TF2 items. Apparently, the opposing user said that he was a "Plat" player, and he had another private account that he was playing TF2 competitively on. I saw him play TF2 on MGE, and definitely he was experienced and had great knowledge of the game. He only had 5 items on this account, however, which worried me. It has been around 4 days since the trade happened, and he has a 7 day trade hold because of the mobile authentication issues. I did manage to get the chat history, and took many screenshots as possible to provide evidence of the scam. It was very late at night, so I assume that I was less cautious about the deal. Note that after the trades, he blocked me but however, didn't unfriend me nor made his profile privacy settings to private, which I find it to be very strange. I assume that he would have already made a trade offer to his other "private" competitive account so that I would not be able to track the items back. Or he may possibly do that in 3 days time.

Since there were so many screenshots, I've uploaded all of the chat history into a Google Folder, and made the privacy settings to public. I've also made my inventory public, just so that other websites could track the items I have lost.

Shared Folder with all Screenshots.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzgRLnCgCtEsa2xTREl4MEFOZ00

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]
    2nd oldest user in my steam friends list, as of May 4th, 2016, 9:24 PM at GMT +9.

In Lux's SteamRep profile, it says that I'm friends with him, although in his actual profile, I am clearly blocked as I am not seen in the top friends. (Note that I am Level 100 on Steam and normally I must appear on the top of his friends.)

[​IMG]
    "Friends with you", although I'm blocked.

[​IMG]
    Little bit zoomed out, but the top friend on his friends list is Level 81.

[​IMG]
    Part 1 of the inventory history. Starts from the very top.

[​IMG]

Part 2, up to the Unusual Le Party Phantom.

Thank you for reviewing this report, I hope that the user will get trade banned soon, and I do not expect (just to make it clear) to get my items back. It's a good lesson I've learned and has been a great time knowing others in the Steam Community. However, due to this mistake, I decided myself that Steam is something that I will not count as my priority. I do not know when I will return, or if I do plan on returning again.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    SR will not get involved with or investigate the transfer or selling of accounts regardless if they are Steam related or not.
    You can do whatever you wish but at this point there is nothing SR will do with regards to this report.
    Marking invalid.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.