1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197962720527 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Łucky Łuke, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Łucky Łuke

Łucky Łuke New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13683536
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197962720527

Victim profile: 76561197987632801

What happened? Description:
    Hello,

First of all, I'd like you to know that I'm new here, and apparently the trader isn't, but please give me at least the benefit of the doubt.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    The situation is the following. I had an AK Fire Serpent Minimal Wear and a Butterfly Knife Case Hardened Field Tested that I wanted to sell or trade.
    Several people tried to scam me during the day, but then this person seemed trustworthy. He sent me screenshots of what looked like a legit paypal of someone who buys and sells a lot for quite a bit of money and has a lot of "+rep" comments, which, apparently, are proof of good reputation and reliability.
    Anyway.
    After a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long conversation, we ended up agreeing on the following terms : I would give him the AK, he would pay in full (I insist on the "in full" part), and I would give him the knife to finalize the transaction, then everyone would walk away satisfied. We agreed on 340€ in paysafecards.
    What happened is the following. I pasted some text he asked me to paste in a trade offer that I sent him. I gave him the AK, and asked to have one key for free that was in his inventory, extra. He said it was ok, so I included his key. So the trade offer was AK Fire Serpent MW (me) and CSGO case key (him). He then promised to give me the 340€ in paysafecards, but didn't. He started to say stuff like "i'm not sure anymore", "how do i know you aren't going to block me and run away", etc. He started having second thoughts. I told him that he was worrying me and that it was okay if he wanted to give me the AK back and forget about the trade. At first he said "ok don't worry if I change my mind you'll get the AK back", then he said "no no man you made me waste 2 hours so I won't give you the knife back".
    Then he asked for the knife (bear in mind all I got at that point was a single key) before sending me the money, which wasn't what we agreed upon. I said that I wouldn't give him the knife because I didn't trust him anymore, since he lied.
    Then I'm not sure what was said exactly, I will keep the logs, I can email you the full conversation if you want.
    At some point he said he had already bought the paysafecards, so I told him "ok, you have 30 seconds to paste me at least 80€ worth of codes [AK value]". Then I counted from 30 to 0, so that he wouldn't have time to buy paysafecards as he read my message and only had the possibility to copy paste or send me a quick screenshot, to see if he was lying. I also asked for a proof that he bought them when he said he did (30-60mns before I gave him 30 seconds to give me the cards).
    He then admitted that he hadn't bought the cards yet. I told him that if he bought at least 80€ worth of cards (so, the value of the AK), I would trust him and give him the knife. He agreed again, sent me a 10€ code, and asked for the knife, which was another lie.
    Then I told him I wanted to cancel the deal because he broke my trust too many times (lie about paying in full, lie about buying the cards and lie about giving me 80€ to regain my trust before I trade the knife), and he refused. I told him that I would report him to Valve and here, since this seems to be a reputable site, and on csgolounge (which is where he added me from... not sure we can report, though).
    Now we are talking since I said I'd report him here, and he sent me something that looks like a legit proof that he bought the remaining 330€ in cards.
    But he keeps asking for the knife before sending any extra money and after the lies I just can't bring myself to trust him.
    He said that he knew you gentlemen so please talk to him so that this is sorted out. I ideally would like the transaction to be finalized and receive the remaining 330€, or have my AK back and I'll give him his key back. I'm willing to refund his 10€ paysafecard on his paypal account if that's all it takes to settle this.​
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Provide Evidence:
    Here's a description of the evidence : (title of each file is followed by description)

- Proof of agreement 1 : you can read the chat from top to bottom (start at my first message). The first third is what's most important.

- Proof of agreement 2 : again, you can read from top to bottom starting at my first message. You can see that he offers himself the following means of transaction : 1. AK, 2. Money (as explained in the chat, he pays in full "all the money" => "i guess"), 3. Knife.
    I tried to convince him to pay 40€ in advance but couldn't.

- Inventory history : you can see that I traded with him my AK-47 Fire Serpent (Minimal Wear) for a key like I explained in the description box.
    Hidden Content:
    I also did that to prevent the "middleman scam" where someone fakes being my friend the middleman and runs away with my stuff, so I gave him the AK in advance.

- Disconnect or unfriend or block without trading : well it's self explanatory. He's being very rude and then just leaves.

- Identity check : as requested, I went in the inventory history and clicked on his name and as you can see it's the correct name and account that is displayed.

I also have a .docx file that holds a record of the full conversation. I just right clicked in the conversation, hit "select all" and pasted in Word.

Hidden Content:
    Many thanks in advance for your help, it is greatly appreciated​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Łucky Łuke

Łucky Łuke New User

Steam:
    Please edit out personal info, I didn't know this went on a public forum :/
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    I need the entire chat agreement in chronological order. There is parts of the chat missing.
  4. Łucky Łuke

Łucky Łuke New User

Steam:
    Could you be more specific as to what you need?
    I kept the conversation open for a few days but I accidentally closed it yesterday or two days ago. Is it possible to ask Valve for logs ?
    I have kept the whole conversation in a docx file, it is 70 pages long (we talked for hours...), and I didn't take screenshots of everything for that reason. Can I email you the word document or post it here?
    I have also added here a screenshot of my trade history, which includes the small text he asked me to copy paste, and it recapitulates the agreement. Is that enough?

Attached Files:

5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    The chat agreement no matter how long is the most vital part of your report. Without this in picture form there is nothing we can do with your report.
    I need the entire chat in picture format.We can not accept copies of chat in text.
    Archiving due to lack of entire chat agreement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.