1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561197963195242 - (EFF [PPM-Λ] / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ForteSP, Mar 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197963195242 (EFF [PPM-Λ])

Victim profile: 76561198041439004

What happened? Description:
    User traded with an obvious scammer alt who has been banned from TF2OP for being an alt of a user tagged for buying a burning TC.

Even the history of the item EFF purchased shows that the user bought it off a tagged scammer. It's extraordinarily hard that someone such as EFF, who reports others for trading with scammers and alts, would slip up, accidentally.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2410225125,393,6 (Craft #69 veil he purchased)
    http://backpack.tf/item/293143230 (bp.tf history of the same item)

It's quite obvious looking at that account that it's a scammer alt, he purposely traded with a scammer alt.​

Provide Evidence:
    Evidence in screenshots and above tf2op history URL​

Attached Files:

2. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    Note: In the victim spot, because there was no real "victim" I put the user who EFF traded with.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!

4. Elmer F Fudd

Elmer F Fudd Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1464757
    Feel free to add me if you need any information from me.

The trade came up on backpack.tf for 3 buds.

I checked the users via SteamRep and he was not marked and still isnt marked.

Additionally I checked his profile for signs of an ALT. 4000+ hrs in tf2 dispelled that question for me.

I did not check outpost for bans. Additionally I thought bans for scammer alts carried over to marks on SteamRep as Outpost has SR marking ability.

That assumption might be incorrect and for that I can apologize for not checking OP bans before making a trade.

From the opening of the trade on backpack.tf to profile flagging to SR checking to trade, at no point did I believe I was trading with a Alt.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    This doesn't qualify as an obvious scammer alt, given how non-obvious it is to tell the person was an alt of the other account (with Outpost not even sure enough to propagate the alt claim over to SteamRep).

Clearly it's disappointing that the trader didn't inquire about the history when seeing a scammer owned it immediately previously, but 4000+ hours and no reports/tags on SteamRep would make it hard to tell this was a scammer alt (pushing it outside obvious). It's not a requirement to use/check Outpost, though it's wise to use every tool at your disposal to avoid hurting your reputation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.