1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561197963593101 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by senpai 5, May 23, 2015.

1. senpai 5

senpai 5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41936596
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197963593101

Victim profile: 76561197963021365

What happened? Description:
    The accused added me after I went on CSGO lounge offering a trade for my knives with keys. I looked at his profile which seemed legit and carried on a conversation with him. He asked me if I had a friend online to trade my knives to as he was 'worried' I might scam him, or if there is a glitch in steam. I did, I traded my knives to a friend with the steam ID: 76561198044138921. The accused then repeatedly asked me in chat if I had traded my knives to my friend, which I responded yes to. By this time, he had blocked me and I was getting worried. I asked my friend to trade the knives back to me, and unfortunately my friend had receive a trade offer from an acccount impersonating to be me, using my profile picture and name. Disregarding countless reminders that it was not me, my friend did the trade anyway. I have reported to steam about what happened, but it does not seem like I will be getting them back.​

Provide Evidence:
    I provided a picture of when he blocked me from steam. I asked my friend to forward me the email where he disregarded the warnings of impersonation. I also attached the profile of the person who impersonated me.​

Attached Files:

2. V3SUV1US

V3SUV1US New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52598909
    The same thing happened to me. Do you know if we can get our items back? I'm new to this.
  3. albracher

albracher New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:72554591
    was middleman in trade, can confirm
  4. DrückerGott

DrückerGott New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:10385978
    He scammed me too. -.- How can we get back our Items?
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    It is impossible to get your items back in a situation like this. Steam Support will only return your items as a one time service gesture if your account was hijacked or phished. They do not return items from scams.

Also, can you please provide an uncropped screenshot of the conversation you had with the scammer? Thanks!