1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561197963636061 - ((◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔) / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Mr Potato, May 26, 2014.

1. Mr Potato

Mr Potato New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43676764
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197963636061 ((◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔))

Victim profile: 76561198047619257

What happened? Description:
    I unboxed a Stat Trak gun in the morning, then put it up for sale on the steam marketplace. After about 6 hours this man added me to his friends list and offered $50 through paypal. After SEVERE convincing, him and I both promised to follow through with these steps. He gives me his Paypal account info, I check balance, once I see the balance I give him the gun, after he receives the gun, I go and purchase steam cash through steam wallet with his Paypal account. Everything went fine up until the point where I would purchase with his Paypal account. I did not check to see if he lived in the US, so after he has my gun and I have his account info, I try to transfer that money from his Paypal to my steam account but failed due to him not living in the US. He kept the gun and changed his Paypal info.​

Provide Evidence:
    Monday, May 26, 2014
    Mr Potato: If I were to take the 50$, how would I get that to my account?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): steam wallet.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): its just that i havent bought a game for a while so i have to wait a long time to buy from market lol
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): you can sell the gun on the market so you are fine no worries mate.
    Mr Potato: Im sorry, just too much for me to take
    Mr Potato: I dont like risks
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): there is no risk lolol
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): please man i love this skin.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): ugh
    Mr Potato: Well there are so many regulations to follow, I take your account, verify the money, give you the gun, transfer that money to my account
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): yep.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): thats fair.
    Mr Potato: But the thing is how would I transfer that money to my account? If it's not possible for you, I dont see how it would be possible just from another computer
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): the problem is not in the paypal account but in the steam account mate
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): its just that i havent bought a game in a while and i just did.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): okay?
    Mr Potato: You're not making very much sense to the question I had
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): No it will work on the computer you are using
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): it will work fine.
    Mr Potato: The money you are giving me through your account, how would I get that to my account?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): to your steam account?
    Mr Potato: Yes
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): you press steam wallet
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): steam funds
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): and add funds
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): and enter your paypal
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): lol
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): but do that only after i get my gun
    Mr Potato: And the only reason why you cant do that is because you havn't purchased anything in awhile
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): go to paypal.com to verify the balance.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): yes that is the only reason.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): are we clear?
    Mr Potato: One moment
    Mr Potato: Im sorry, but thanks for your patience
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): np man
    Mr Potato: Alright, let me take the gun off the market real quick
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): lol okay.
    Mr Potato: Alright give me your account stuff
    Mr Potato: Once I see the money and get it into steam
    Mr Potato: Then Ill give it to you
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): no.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): once you see the balance
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): i need the gun
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): then ill wait till u spend it on steam funds.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): sorry
    Mr Potato: Well
    Mr Potato: How do I know you cant just take your account back right after I check the balance?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): i cant sign in as long as your signed in to anothercomputer lol
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): so just dont close the window
    Mr Potato: Could I see proof of that statement?
    Mr Potato: Sorry for being stubborn, but
    Mr Potato: It's $50
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): ugh i dont know man
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): im giving you info to my account....
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): it is all fai.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): fair.
    Mr Potato: And you cant wait for me to make the transaction from your account to steam?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): i wouldnt like that no.
    Mr Potato: Im not going to scam you, check my account, I have over 1000 hours on Tf2 and items and everything. I wouldn't risk a VAC ban
    Mr Potato: On your account though, you dont have much activity besides a couple +reps
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): look when you go to the store to buy something, you pay for an item, the owner doesnt run out and spend the money, he gives you the item, then spends the money
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): its logic mate.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): ive had this account for 10 years
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): i wouldnt risk a ban either.
    Mr Potato: Ok ok...
    Mr Potato: So Account, I check the balance, give you the gun, I transfer the money once you have the gun
    Mr Potato: Then we part
    Mr Potato: Right?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): yes sir.
    Mr Potato: Ok then, ill trust you
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): [email protected]
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): Pusspuss12
    Mr Potato: Alright
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔) had asked to trade with you, but has cancelled their request.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔) had asked to trade with you, but has cancelled their request.
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): lol let me trade
    Mr Potato: I have
    Mr Potato: Loading I guess :p
    Mr Potato: Trade expired
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): wait invite me
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): thx mate
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): can i have a +rep
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): ????
    Mr Potato: Well let me transfer the money from Paypal to steam
    Mr Potato: then I will
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): okay.
    Mr Potato: Telling me "Check your email address and password and try again"
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): r u sure it is correct?
    Mr Potato: Do you live in the US?
    Mr Potato: Pretty sure
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): no i dont live in us
    Mr Potato: oh well thats why :p
    Mr Potato: Asked for me to verify that "Live in the US"
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): ok ok
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔) is now Offline.

This is as far as I could get it.​

Attached Files:

2. realguru

realguru New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1685166
    [​IMG]
    As you can see by the image attached, as soon as I learned that the payment or the account wasn't working I immediately got to work on investigating the situation, and after not being able to solve the problem I gave him the item back. Another issue is that the same user has 2 cases open for the same 'scam' about me. The user, also edited and cut out the photo, the trade occurred at 5:37 for me.
  3. Mr Potato

Mr Potato New User

Steam:
    As you can see here, I never received my item back. I posted two reports because I do admit I have never been scammed before, and I wanted to make sure you were convicted of your crime. Now listen here, you REMOVED me the moment after the transaction was finished, there is more than enough sufficient proof for that above in the evidence. You never re-added me and "after not being able to solve the problem (I) gave him the item back." Second off, the time is different because we live in different time-zones, Steam will state the time it happened to you (ex: my 3:37 is your 5:37 because where you live is 2 hours ahead of me. Further supporting that claim is that the minutes are the exact same, just the hours are different, hence the different time zones.) You obviously had either a friend of yourself create or rename an account to fit my name and re-trade the item back. In all honesty, do you thoroughly believe it would take 20 minutes to return an item? And why not show the rest of the page? Is it because "Mr Potato" traded the item right back to you so you could snap this image. This is a clear and evident scam, and you cannot further prove beyond your lie of giving me the item back. You scammed me, I have more than enough sufficient evidence, and your lie can be clearly seen through.
    You'relyingyoudick..PNG
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, can you give a screenshot of ALL your paypal history?
    Make sure it shows at least one month of history.
  5. Mr Potato

Mr Potato New User

Steam:
    I have a Paypal account, but I have never made a transaction with it. I have pictures to show my inactivity, but I am unsure how I can show you that it is in fact my account on Paypal, and not just some account I made to avoid showing my transactions. (As I am sure never having a transaction could raise suspicion) If there is anyway I could prove that I have never made a transaction on Paypal please do inform me and I would be happy to abide.

This trade with realguru was my first attempt at using Paypal, and it having shown me that Paypal is a risky effort, I had no further interests in using Paypal to continue my trades. Again if there is anything I can do to show you that the image is of my Paypal account, and I have never made a transaction using it, please do inform. I will be more than happy and fully cooperative to help further your investigation to this post. HistoryofPaypal.PNG
  6. Mr Potato

Mr Potato New User

Steam:
    With a further attempt to prove that the Paypal account was mine with no transactions were ever made, I attempted to use the "snipping tool" that windows provides, but every time I would click on the tool the two emails used would close. So I took the justice of taking a picture of my screen with my phone, since I was not able to click outside the "email address" without the two previous emails closing. Steam rep is not capable of receiving the file because, "the upload file is too large." To avoid the situation of the file being too large, I opened up the image I took with my phone, and took a picture of the file using the snip tool. If the pictures are not believable enough please do say, I will use imgur, reddit, google, or teamviewer and share my screen to prove the facts to be inevitable to the truth.

Now the picture, "Snipofimage.PNG," is an image of the two emails that pop up in relation to previously used accounts. As you can see the only two account there are [email protected], and [email protected]. Ryanvargas_mail is my email I use for paypal and the image from earlier with the transaction history. thepropackers is realguru's account. It is in my history from when I was supposed to check his balance, confirm he had the money, then continue with the transaction.

Mr Potato: So Account, I check the balance, give you the gun, I transfer the money once you have the gun
    Mr Potato: Then we part
    Mr Potato: Right?
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): yes sir.
    Mr Potato: Ok then, ill trust you
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): [email protected]
    (◕‿◕) realguru (◔‿◔): Pusspuss12
    Mr Potato: Alright

Above is the proof that it is indeed his account. (quote from original complaints text)

There is no other account that I have ever used nor created to show empty Paypal transactions in an attempt to hide my transactions, and the image showing all emails ever used in Paypal, ( Ryanvargas_mail and thepropackers ) proves that the reply earlier on a desolate transaction history, is indeed my account. For if I had created an account, I would of appeared on the list of used emails.

Again, if there is anyway I could help or further prove this case, please inform me, I shall be fully cooperative.

Attached Files:

7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Hello, @Mr Potato.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s