1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197965413986 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Mangy, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19040778
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197965413986

Victim profile: 76561197998347284

What happened? Description:
    He attempted to buy/scam a crimson web through fake bank statements. He showed me a statement which said he has sent $1000 USD from his account to mine and it even seemed to be from the bank '[email protected]'. This looked a bit off considering the wording, he had fake +rep but had rep from a reputable steam developer http://steamcommunity.com/id/Grinnux. He later told me his payment was cancelled, then stated he would fulfill later. Few days on he claimed he made a real life money trade already, then he removed me changed profile url and made profile private. Hopefully I have enough evidence I didnt save all my screenshots ): sorry because I wasn't initially planning to report him (sadly hoping he was legit). Was more just so I could do my own research on the entire thing to cover myself - which I am glad I did. I hope you ban this scamming rat it was the best and most well done scam I have seen to date. I'm also sure many have been hit by it even seeing some of the people message him when I was in screenshare asking 'whens the money coming in' and him replying '2-7 days'. I am pretty anal about what I do and double/triple check most things and is probably why he didnt book me I feel for the others though.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 180081 Few red flags here, the note without looking dodgy itself and forced to make me feel secure also had a spelling mistake 'withdrawed' a bank making that mistake sounds very unlikely.
    View attachment 180080
    Doesn't have a senders reference? When talking to employee from bank.
    View attachment 180078
    Trying to make me feel bad so I trade even though he is scamming scum.
    View attachment 180074
    View attachment 180072
    I ask for this he says okay and the wait began.
    View attachment 180069
    Oh really? Sounds legit rofl....
    View attachment 180068
    Changed name, removed me and changed url.
    View attachment 180067
    New URL is in the extended above, old URL doesn't exist.
    Had a couple of other things, he had a report against him which was removed by helenangel can check that: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-counter-strike-global-offensive-items.85090/
    I messaged her and her reply was he was a scammer yet he still doesn't have a dot next to his name.
    He had full global offensive achievements hacked due to low hours.
    He had fake rep on his profile - real money rep 'bought 150 keys' from profiles with no hours on csgo/items. He did have a reputable person that backed him which is when I was so iffy and even bothered considering this: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Grinnux I wish I saved a screenshot of that not sure if its anything but maybe he is worth looking into. He has since been removed of his friends list (which is even worse).
    Sad part is this guy had a ton of high tier knives and he blatantly scammed them all please ban him and hopefully his alts in the future - spicy banana - sethur - lunatic - HanN1 -​

Attached Files:

2. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    If you need anything else, I have his lounge profile his main account that got 'jacked' etc.
  3. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    Also a bit of evidence against grinnux one of the three people on the lounge that are trading the knife. He does not have it on his account - it just is fishy and I want to get to the bottom of this and think grinnux is the real scammer here. grinnux.jpg
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Private notes:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    Private notes?
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Private notes are comments visible only to staff and sometimes community admins; we use them for investigative purposes. At the time I posted it, I was heading offline and didn't have time to look at your report in more detail, but I left them here for now. Since that's all I was posting at the time, I just posted "private notes" instead of a completely empty-looking comment.

Having looked this over in more detail, I am not familiar with Barclay's payment methods, so I cannot confirm or prove if accused in fact attempted to transfer funds or tell you what to collect. From what I gather, no items were traded, and no money was sent, so no trade agreement has been breached. If your agreement was to allow the funds to fully transfer before sending items (which would be wise in this case) then I fail to see how that is an attempted scam as the accused knows you'd have to receive the funds before receiving items. With no items sent, it's difficult to gauge intent, and whether the accused truly would have returned the items upon failed payment. Your conversation with customer service is not especially helpful as it's normal for customer service to not disclose specific details about customers or payments for legal reasons. Your conversation in Skype is suggestive of an attempt to mislead you into believing items were sent, but we cannot definitively tie a Skype conversation to a Steam account, even with a similar name, for we cannot rule out impersonators.

I will leave this report open in "need more info" for a few days in case I'm misunderstanding something. If I missed something, please follow up.
  7. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    He sent me a fake payment notification, with fake details and a fake note and then tried to get me to trade him my knife. The guy went private and dodged out on paying multiple people - I was lucky in the fact I noticed the mistake in his fake payment confirmation. He dodged me and removed blocked me, made profile private and is hiding away. He got downvote bombed on csgolounge and multiple people have said not to trust they have been scammed.

I am already disappointed that you can not oust Grinnux the scumbag for being in bed with/or being this scammer. Grinnux named in a conversation that I had with him that he was Xanax, awkward part is he has been reported for colluding with Xanax before he reps a scammer 1 month after report who he claims is Xanax and I don't have enough information to get him banned so yet again a high level high reputation scammers account goes by. I put a lot of effort getting the evidence I have that is beyond reasonable doubt proof for both of them... I would like to know what else I need to put together to get this guy banned? Or do I have to get scammed out of $1000 to ban a sub account that means nothing and won't change anything? Don't want to be rude, but it is a joke if you can't piece together this guys bullshit and I feel sorry that the community may get stuck getting scammed again > He had a report against his name previously from a poor guy that was scammed that didnt have good enough screenshots and it was archived....

I'm frustrated it took so long to look at the report, I understand you guys are backlogged a lot but then getting to it and dismissing the complete attempt at scam of a transaction because I didn't actually get scammed is a joke.
  8. Mangy

Mangy New User

Steam:
    ss+(2014-12-18+at+08.33.04).jpg
    Is this proof enough of him trying to scam, the terms were as he stated in the chat - the terms on his profile. He shows proof, then I trade him the knife and the proof was fake. I was noticed it was fake, most people wouldn't/haven't. You said no to the report because noone breached terms because I didn't show his terms. I breached his terms and guess what, his payment didnt go through? What if I didnt breach his terms i'd be knife-less and at least he would be banned. But this should be enough to rid of him he now has unprivated his account.
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    What we'd need is proof of intention, which is kind of hard in a case like this since no trade agreement was broken. Sometimes things go wrong in transferring funds through no (direct) fault of the other trader, and if they return everything they got then you can't really say they intended to scam. In your case, since nothing was transferred, it's hard to say one way or another, and we'd need definitive proof to apply a tag for an attempted scam.
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving.