1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197968627273 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ghz891, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:28800803
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197968627273

Victim profile: 76561198017867334

What happened? Description:
    Firstly communication was frequent and he replied to all messages and boasted with being trusted and experienced trader etc. , then I traded him valuable item (through steam trade link - (not the one at his profile) against blank), then he didn't write a single word, deleted me from friend list and blocked communication today. Meanwhile while I was writing to him I saw my item get transferred to his inventory and later disappear from his inventory, previous time I checked his inventory prior to trade it was empty and after a while it had 8 items in, today a few extra items (most lower value). There is also a large flow on his friend list size (204 yesterday, today 199) and I contacted some of people on his friend list who apparently also got scammed. If necessary I can provide more evidence if any are held/can be retrieved by steam.​

Provide Evidence:
    9CF4 file is tmp file that gets created when "view source" is pressed. Key search is: ' "owner":"76561197968627273" ' which is his steam ID obviously. I would give him benefit of the doubt, but since there was absolutely no communication after transaction from him I can only assume it was a scam. And if he doesn't pay I hope he pays for it with his reputation at least.

Screenshot of lost item:
    http://screenshots.metjm.net/a6a6c6f78880c53c59eb00924d5a310e.jpg

Attached Files:

2. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    And what if you transfer the money he sent to you for some other payments? Can he still request a refund?
  3. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    Anyway special thanks also to http://forums.steamrep.com/ as well, there are 5 threads on this forum and none were listed on his steamrep page, not exactly fully your fault but it would be useful to leave them as unconfirmed reports or potential red flags for wary people.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @ghz891 Not sure what your getting on about with the other reports - that is exactly SR's purpose here is to educate. You saw the reports its up to you to decide if you wish to deal with this user - which you did. So even if this user was tagged you would still be able to trade with them as SR is not Valve and can't trade ban others.
    Now as for the other reports they are archived because each report provided was unable to provide proper evidence to support the report...so with that I'm going to ask you if you can do this by providing me a full screen shot of your trade inventory history - open this in a web browser, hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows up the URl at the bottom - also need full screen of paypal activity for the last several days to present.
    Do not edit screens in anyway please.

But as I said - not enough evidence reports will get cleared to archive - same as if someone reported you for something, if it wasn't right then I don't believe you would like it if we just left it "pending"...you would want it cleared to archive cause it wasn't correct or had enough evidence. That is our policy.
  5. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    I will post full paypal only in private message since it's of no concern for readers of this public forum (you already have sufficient information in screenshot provided).

Attached Files:

6. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    One more

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. POKERBRAD

POKERBRAD New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:4180772
    fake, photoshoped screenshots...

another fake report...

how many more times will you try your fakers?
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @ghz891 Ok if you don't mind take one more up to date trade inventory shot just like you did.
  9. ghz891

ghz891 New User

Steam:
    There you go.

As for you... Consider buying new steam account to scam people with.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Thanks moving to review.
  11. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.