1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197978210095 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Cake, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Cake

Cake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48462265
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197978210095

Victim profile: 76561198057190259

What happened? Description:
    He added me after seeing my post on TF2Outpost in which I was selling my unusual. He then proceeded to try to pull the classic "Use a (fake) middleman" trick as seen in the chat log below. I have never met him before so he is a complete stranger and removed/blocked me promptly after me calling him out.​

Provide Evidence:
    Here below this shows the Steam chat screenshot; and the proof of his scam attempt.
    View attachment 304063

And here is his identity. View attachment 304064

(Bold parts just show that I have the three key elements.)

Attached Files:

2. Cake

Cake New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48462265
    Attachments seem to be a bit broken but you can see then below. This might just be client-side but I just wanted to make sure that you all knew they are there. :)
  3. Antosheek

Antosheek New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8972183
    Hello, you reported me, the original account that is being impersonated by this person - http://steamrep.com/search?q=AntoSheeek who is already community banned. Please report him on steam. I'm reporting this report so it gets archived due to you reporting bad person (you clicked on the steamrep link he got on his profile, didn't you).
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    @Cake

Please complete the following steps, exactly as written, in order:

1. Go to your trade history from in your web browser. https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventoryhistory
    2. Scroll down to the trade in question. It may be on a different page, but that's fine; just open the page which has this particular trade.
    3. Hover your mouse over the name of the person who received your item(s).
    4. With your mouse still over the name from step 3, take a full, uncropped screenshot, and save it to your desktop without making any edits.
    5. Right-click the name of the person who received your item(s) from the trade history page, and select Copy Link Address (Chrome), Copy Link Location (Firefox), or Copy shortcut (Internet Explorer).
    6. Go to SteamRep.com and paste that link into the Search field. If a warning opens up (which may or may not happen), click "I understand".
    7. Copy and Paste the full text from the box below the profile picture that comes up into your next reply. You can click the "Copy Info" button on the SteamRep profile page from step 6.
    8. Upload your screenshot from step 4 as an attachment.
    9. Post your reply, including both step 7 and 8.
    Do NOT paste links that look like this: https://steamcommunity.com/id/mattie because those links can change, and they are not easily searchable.

Do NOT look up the accused's profile from a website. We need you to provide the link exactly as it comes up following the instructions above.
    Do include the full SteamRep block derived from the Steam community URL.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Review:
    - I just noticed you never traded with 'm... I looked at friends history to determine if you had 'm ever in friends, you did not.
    - I could determine you had NOT the accused in your friendslist, for you viewed the Accused's SteamRep profile, and you where at that time not in the friends list.
    - No proof can be ascertained that you had the correct one filled in as the accused.
    - The accused is level 28, not level 16 as in your screenshot... another part of the proof it was not the accused.

Archived, for its not determinable whom you had added that tried to scam you. Next time, learn how to look somebody up. Look at the instructions above on how to do so, and make screenshots that can be verifiable.

NEVER CLICK links people give you. That is the fastest way to get hijacked.

Archiving.