1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561197983749991 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by roxo#, Jul 28, 2015.

1. roxo#

roxo# New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36905612
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197983749991

Victim profile: 76561198034076952

What happened? Description:
    So, I just got my first CSGO knife! A field tested urban masked bayonet. Pretty sweet. I was surfing csgolounge.com in search of an upgrade, opening almost every single post. I saw this guy selling a Factory New Karambit FADE. I added him to talk about it, even though I knew I didn't stand a chance at getting the trade done. Then the guy told mehe would sell the awesome knife to me, only if I got a very rare and expensive item in DOTA 2, Corrupted Caustic Spurs (and indeed, the item costs @300$ o_O ). He even showed me a guy selling it. I added him and he sent me a trade offer (screenshots below). It seem too good to be true! from @150$ to 300$! Wow! But I had my suspicions. The guy with the knife told me there was no way for him to scam me. He had @8k hrs in DOTA2, and a bunch of expensive items. I have done the trade, but as soon as that, the "knife guy" was gone. I was so mad I shut down my PC, and so, I didn't take screenshots of the "knife guy"'s identity, nor the chat box. It is such a huge pity.
    I know I will never get my items back. There's a good part here, considering that this year is going to be my Senior Year in High-School, so I need to study.
    Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you guys. Please don't be as dumb as I am. Be happy with little wealth, and enjoy the games!​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots below.
    I know it isn't enough, but people might get the Idea of what was going on and protect themselves in the near future from such scams.

Justice will never be made for me.​

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      290.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      301.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      287.5 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      334.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      286.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      311.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Hello,

I apologize for the delay in responding to this report. Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with the report due to the following:
    • The entire chat conversation appears to be either incomplete or missing, of which would contain the ENTIRE trade agreement and is vital for a report to be processed. The agreement should always be discussed within the Steam Chat.
    • Screenshots must be full screen, uncropped, and unedited.
    As such, this report will be marked Declined. Please read this guide: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/ and https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/ prior to submitting a report.

Regards.