1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197986091903 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by goofymrfritos, Jan 19, 2015.

1. goofymrfritos

goofymrfritos New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56270589
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Fake reputation vouches
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197986091903

Victim profile: 76561198072806907

What happened? Description:
    an admin was being a middleman for a trade between someone else and i and would only give me back my items if i gave him my email and password which could be used against me and possible control my steam account. after i refused to give him my info he blocked me and deleted me as a friend and said he will get my account banned.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, please give all the chat and confirm the identity of the user you're accusing of.
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @goofymrfritos,

We need the Steam Inventory History of the traded items. As we do have some requirements, here's what you need to do.

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    • Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    • On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    • On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    • Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.

Making the screenshot:
    • In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    • On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    • Seek the trade that relates to this on the number of pages you have (look below for the requirements).
    • Go to the start menu and type in the seek box "snipping", you will find in Vista and later the "Snipping Tool", click it to start it. It directly wants to make a screenshot. Select the full window excluding the very top of the steam browser window where your LOGIN name is shown. But INCLUDE the Nickname, the steam URL bar fully, both sides and full bottom of the steam browser.
    • Click the "Diskette" icon, or click "File" and then "Save As...", and save it to your desktop.
    • Come back here and make a reply.
    • Drag the image into the reply on the forum from the desktop.
    Requirements of the screenshot(s):
    • Exclude the Login name and steam wallet amount that is on the very top right.
    • MUST show the Steam URL in top left.
    • MUST show the NICKNAME in top middle.
    • MUST show the Steam window fully from left side to the right side of the window.
    • MUST show the related trade from the day before to up to at least 2 days after the trade or current date if that is earlier.
    • MUST show to the bottom of the steam browser window.
    • You are NOT to edit the screenshot, and NOT to blank out anything.
    Example: http://files.steamrep.com/1/2014-10/2014-10-12_20-16-58.png
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Once you made that screenshot of the traded items, click on the nickname of the person you traded with, and copy the URL of that profile here / in Steamrep.com and hit search. Then paste the ID block here.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You have:

| steamname: Boy >>>> Buying>Unusuals &knife
    | steam3ID: [U:1:164832114]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:82416057
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198125097842
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Justanhonestbuyer
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198125097842

In your friendslist, who was just ago marked for impersonating admins. http://files.steamrep.com/1/2015/01/2015-01-26_15-11-00.png

Altho he did not impersonate Vintage Cobra. Maybe he's the trader you where trying to trade with ? probably one of his number of alts that impersonated Vintage Cobra.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I did not find any Vintage Cobra ever in your friendslist. So probably it was a invite-chat? I need that trade history and real link of the person that stole your items.
  7. Spectral

Spectral New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:202084
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    @goofymrfritos,

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later. If you send me a conversation on the forums with a link to this report once you have the evidence, I can also re-open the report.

Thanks.