1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197987488379 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by FadedJess *Recruiting*, Jun 28, 2015.

1. FadedJess *Recruiting*

FadedJess *Recruiting* New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:117931840
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197987488379

Victim profile: 76561197987488379

What happened? Description:
    We made a trade for his "MGE, a couple wins away from DMG. obviously I’m taking most of the skins, but i can leave the vulcan and m4 hyper beast for $80" I gave him 2 steam wallet cards I purchased through paypal 1 $50 1 $20, after I sent him the cards he gave me a false username password and email. He added me on skype from the post on mpgh I made about buying a csgo account + skins​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
  3. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Please upload your images as attachments to the forum.
  4. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    I was about to take a pictue of him messaging me through steam but he deleted me as a friend, is there any way I can go back and view that message?

Attached Files:

5. Salmon

Steam:
    Unfortunately once the chat closes it is lost. You can try contacting steam support to get the chat log, but it's rare they'll help, and if they do they won't respond quickly.
  6. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    Oh ok well hopfully this is enough proof
  7. ayylmao

ayylmao New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13611325
    Sorry, but you seem to have been scammed by someone impersonating me. I have never traded through Skype or "MPGH". The first thing you should have done is confirmed via Steam that you were speaking to me, the account holder, on Skype. I've never spoken to a "FadedJess *Recruiting*" on Steam or had you on my friend's list.
  8. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
  9. ayylmao

ayylmao New User

Steam:
    I fail to see how that screenshot proves you confirmed I was the one talking to you on Skype. Like I said, I've never had you on my friends list, nonetheless even spoke to you before this whole thing, so it couldn't have been me that scammed you.
  10. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    Ok add me on steam so I can see if we have chat history then.
  11. ayylmao

ayylmao New User

Steam:
    Sorry, but I don't add anyone I don't know personally ever since I clicked on a phishing link I received from a bot. Feel free to send a Steam support ticket and request a chat log.
  12. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    Steam will not give chatlogs, but ok I highly doubt someone got on your account, confirmed it via skype and steam and then scammed me.
  13. Salmon

Steam:
    Please upload screenshots directly to the forum. I've done this one for you.

Attached Files:

14. ayylmao

ayylmao New User

Steam:
    You're right, someone hasn't been on my Steam account - I'm the only one that has access to it. But what I'm saying is that you did not confirm through Steam that the person you were talking to on Skype was in fact me. I know this because I've never spoken to a FadedJess or had a FadedJess on my friends list. Since this is the case, you have no evidence to back up your bizarre claims that I scammed you. Like I said, you were scammed by an impersonator, not me.
  15. Salmon

Steam:
    If that is true, then why not accept an add from the OP?

It just takes 30 seconds and has zero risk for you. Unless you're afraid the chat will show something.
  16. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    Also, why would you be looking on ths steamrep site with a freshly made acconut if you weren't worried about a scam report?
  17. Salmon

Steam:
    There are lots of ways to find out about reports, most people find out within a day.
  18. ayylmao

ayylmao New User

Steam:
    Like I said, I don't add people to my friends list unless I know them personally, for security reasons.

I did some searching about FadedJess on Google, and I found out he's a member on Hackforums.net (username is Vaporizer/TheVaporGuy). I found this thread about him: http://www.hackforums.net/showthread.php?tid=3166847

Turns out he sells bots/bot nets on Hackforums.net meant to be used for DDoSing. This type of thing is exactly the reason I don't add random people. He could DDoS me and I'd rather not expose myself to such a risk.

He's the one that made a report, not me, so logically I shouldn't have to prove myself as innocent. He should be the one proving my guilt, which he obviously can't, considering I've never traded through Skype.
  19. Salmon

Steam:
    I'm not claiming anyone is innocent or guilty of anything. I am simply here to ask for you to both provide evidence. This report is linked on your steamrep profile, and will be linked there for a while. Anyone who checks steamrep will see it, and will read it.

While you don't have to provide any evidence, refusing to provide evidence when there is evidence you could provide means that any reader will be likely to conclude that you are guilty. There is nothing he can do to get your IP address with what he has requested.

You claim you were impersonated - what on your profile is worth impersonating? The scammer did not seem to claim any rep.
  20. FadedJess *Recruiting*

Steam:
    You are right I am a ex-member of hackforums and I did sell bots, (4 years ago) however how did you find that information out? Through searching my skype, which I didnt post on forums which is kind of odd, hoiw do you know my skype unless you've talked to me via skype? Also I simply asked you to add me via steam, you cant ddos via steam because it is a protected server, so you are just finding excuses to avoid adding me so I can see the chat history and put the screen shots together