1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197989151841 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by boobals, Oct 1, 2015.

1. boobals

boobals New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56043999
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561197989151841

Victim profile: 76561198072353727

What happened? Description:
    This bot added me and he said that I supposedly won the lottery for a 100$ steam code. I obviously ignored it but I think that some people might get scammed, so I'm just telling people about this.​

Provide Evidence:
    Steam conv and some other extra details​

Attached Files:

2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @boobals,
    We are very sorry to inform you that phishing/hijacking account reports are no longer supported due to changes made to our investigation policy.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.
    Please keep in mind that users posting phishing links are often phished/hijacked themselves (if not a brand new throwaway account) and their account is being used to try and hijack even more accounts. For that reason, it's best to leave these cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases. Additionally, the victim would have to appeal their tag once they regained access to their account.

We recommend you report the accused to Valve. In order to do that, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION.
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT.

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.