1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197992279309 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sir Admiral Quackington, Jul 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Admiral Quackington

Sir Admiral Quackington New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78798711
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197992279309

Victim profile: 76561198117863150

What happened? Description:
    Out of nowhere he added me on steam. He seemed friendly and a fair trader. I asked him what he wanted and he said he wanted to trade. The next day I started talking to him about the trade. We somehow got to the agreement of me giving him 10 euros worth of items (screenshot of the items is provided) for his 50 euro huntsman knife. He sent me an offer with the items he wanted, but with nothing in return. I thought he was just doing this so he could easily show me his preferred items. I said I was fine with these and told him to send an offer with the knife included. He was confused even though to this point he could understand most of the things I said. After a while he suggested we use a middleman for the trade. He sent me the profile of the fake middleman. ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Offical17jingRealAdmin1991 ) Me being very suspicious had to make sure this was legit. No surprise, it wasn't. When I confronted him about this he simply responded "OMG WTF". Thank you for your time.​

Provide Evidence:
    I'm sorry if I haven't formated this well enough, but most of my evidence is in the screenshots and the description. At the time of writing this I've wrote a comment on his profile ("probably a scammer"). Since mostly all of his profile comments are positive I suspect he deletes his negative comments. I also noticed one of the comments is from the fake middleman account I mentioned before.​

Attached Files:

2. Sir Admiral Quackington

Sir Admiral Quackington New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78798711
    Update: he removed my negative comment. Screenshot_2016-07-19-16-08-12.png Screenshot_2016-07-19-16-08-12.png
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.