1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561197994256618 - (Think Different / [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Electrix, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49259699
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197994256618 (Think Different)

Victim profile: 76561198058785126

What happened? Description:
    This person added me via outpost, as I had a trade up looking for knives. He began with a normal conversation, and everything was going fine. He asked if I was interested in his night karambit, and I said yes, I am very interested in buying that knife. He told me, he wanted any two unusuals for it, so I said alright, and set out to buy a nuts and bolts brain bucket. After i had bought it, he told me it was low and refused my offer, despite confirming with him multiple times that my offer would be acceptable. This is fraud because he did not uphold his end of a trade agreement, so therefore wrongly made me waste time and also commit to an item I would not get, despite agreeing upon it already.

I hope to see him banned, so other users will not go shopping for this idiot, and lose profit and valuable time in the process.

Thank you for your consideration.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review by an admin. Thank you for your report.
  3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    You say you sent him a trade offer? I need a picture in the Steam client of that trade offer.(uncropped)
    This is not a trade agreement scam, because people can exit a deal anytime they want to. but send the picture and we will see what happens.Thanks.
  4. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam:
    Here are the two offers I sent him (steam was down), both declined on April 2nd.

Attached Files:

5. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam:
    Also, I'm rather curious as to why this allowed, asking someone to purchase something for you and then suddenly back out. That would mean that I'd be allowed to ask people to pay buyout for my unusuals and then proceed to "promise them" my other unusuals for a ridiculously low price, netting me more profit.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    I understand what your saying, but In all reality people can change their minds if they want to. I will forward this to admin and let them be the judge of the outcome. Thank you for your cooperation.
  7. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam:
  8. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam:
  9. Electrix

Electrix New User

Steam: