1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561197995042173 - ([Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by brake™, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63499910
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561197995042173

Victim profile: 76561198087265548

What happened? Description:
    Greetings

On 08.09 me and four other people made a reservation for a group split for Build A Deepsilver Bundle.

The bundle was avilable from the Humble Bundle store and was offering a discount of 85% if 5 games were bought - from the games pool available for that bundle.

I was looking for a particular game pack - Secret Files Franchise Pack

Here is a link to the thread we all five made a reservation on - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupbuys/discussions/0/520519298691064654/

I didn't know the buyer before that and I was forwarded to him by a person from the same group.

So I posted my reservation and added the buyer.

After all the slots were filled, on 09.09 early in the morning the buyer contacted me and gave me his Paypal so that I can send him the money and he will buy the bundle.

At about 2:12, 2:22 ( not sure if 2:12 is when he got the bundle or its 2:22 when he says Humble Bundle is processing; you can refer to the screenshots below) he comfirmed he bought the bundle ( or he had already bought it at 2:12 when he asked me if I am ready)

At 2:28 he said there is no gift option for my part of the bundle - Secret Files Franchise Pack and sends me a link to the game at 2:29.

I opened the link but it said it was already claimed, and apparantely I can not get the game by claiming a gift link, as its already auto claimed to the buyer - as he said.

We talked about why is autocllaimed and that I was hoping to add the game to my game library and so on.

So I told him that there is no other option but him to view and paste the key in the chat

At 2:54 he pasted the key in the chat.

I tried adding the key to my game library and I received the following message - "Sorry but following items are not available for purchase in this country. Your purchase is canceled"

So at 2:59 I let him know about the problem and I asked him to send me a screenshot of my key, and so he did.

The key was the same as the one in the chat and the title of the game was showing above the key page.

So I tried couple of times and it gave me the same message.

On the same day when I woke up I asked the buyer to give me the transaction ID if possible so that I can send a support ticket to Humble Bundle and get a working key for myself if possible.

Later on I sow that one of the of the people who participated in the reservation - Elder had posted on our reservation thread talking about a region lock.
    So I decided to add and talk to Elder.

After talking with him I found out that the buyer had told him I have a problem with my key and had offered Elder a refund.

I felt annoyed as I had already messaged the buyer but instead of replying to me he talked to Elder and offered him a refund but didn't reply to my messages.

So I decided to message him.

And he replied right away after he saw "my wall of text" - acting annoyed and basically letting me know I have no business of what he talked with Elder.

Anyways I asked him for a transaction ID once again and I told him I will need it in order to contact Humble Bundle staff and get a working key for myself.

The buyer replied he had deleted that email.
    Then I asked him to check his paypal transaction for that purchase.
    Cow replied he didn't use his Paypal account ( the account I had send him money to for my game ) but he used a prepaid cc.

In anyways I contacted the Humble Bundle staff and explained everything and told them I have all evidence proving that indeed I had a part from that split and that the key belongs to me ( also providing a screenshot of the game and the link that the Cow had send me ).

I received a reply from their staff that they need a transaction ID, and no matter the evidence they can not go against their policy but need that ID. Also told me to ask the buyer if he is sure he deleted the email and if he doesn't have any emails containing that ID.

I messaged Cow once again and asked him to check again to be sure he really doesn't have such email. Also asked him that he will need to contact the Humbel Bundle staff.

Further on in my correspondence with the Humble staff I asked them if the buyer can provide something else if a prepaid cc was used.

They replied they need the following information:

Name on the card used to make the purchase
    Last four digits on the card
    Expiration date of the card
    Type of card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express)
    The date of the purchase
    The purchase amount
    The email used when making the purchase

Once again I messaged Cow and told him that either he needs to contact the Humble staff with that information or to provide it to me (if he really doesn't want to bother with that).

I also asked him not to ignore me and to reply at some point to my messages ( I did that couple of times when trying to get a reply from him with my previous messages )

After couple of hours Cow messaged me, saying that he is not ignoring me and that he is not providing the above information.
    Also told me that other people are playing on his computer and that is not neccerery to be him when it shows he is online or playing.

Also told me that he deleted the email before he know about my problem .
    So between 2:12/2:22 (when he bought/had the bundle ) and 2:59 ( when I told him about my problem with the key ) he had deleted the email for purchase. That is approximately between 1-37/47 minutes after he had purchased the bundle.

Then he said he tried to help me with the problem in anyways and then let me know he doesn't want to bother anymore and removed and blocked me.

I had to contact two of the group admins and let them know about what happend and they found it strange he had deleted the email so soon and he had used a prepaid cc and not his paypal.

Further on I had more conversations with the Humble staff and they said they can not do anything as I am not the buyer and the game is not linked to my Humble account.

I kept in touch with Elder and the group admins

Elder told me he will try to convince the buyer to send a support ticket and will try to achieve the goal for both of us ( as I am obviously blocked from Cow ).

Elder messaged me the last Thursday (01.10 I believe) that Cow had finally send a support ticket to Humble Bundle, trying to get working keys. Instead they told him the keys are locked for our region

On the Last Sunday (04.10 )Elder told me via the chat that without further notice Cow had refunded him his money to his Paypal.

But no money back for me. And since I am blocked from Cow I have absolutely no option to get my money back.

I told that to one of the group admins and he contacted Cow and then banned him from the group.

Either Cow has asked for refund only for Elder's key and didn't told Humble staff that there is another person with that problem ( me ).
    Or Cow had asked for refund for both of our keys but only send the money to Elder.
    I don't know which one is the case. But in either of those he is purposely and directly/indirectly depriving me from getting my money back, using his hurt feelings as an excuse.

Even if I had pushed him too much - I don't think that should be used as an excuse to cut me off that way.

Especially when he has all the info to get my money back and I can't do anything myself.

I don't know.
    I maybe be wrong for something or I might pushed him too much.
    But seeing him online all those times that I have messaged him and seeing him playing I was irritated, considering I needed to solve this as soon as possible and I needed some assistance and not beeing ignored.

I don't know if he lets other people use his computer/Steam account to play on and frankly that doesn't concern me, neither I was aware of that before he told me.

Bellow I will provide screenshots of the chat with Cow and some screenshots of the chat with Elder.

All I am looking for now is to get a refund from Cow as he did refunded the money to Elder.

I am sorry for the extremely long post, but I was trying to explain everything that happend - at least from my point of view and from the evidence I have.​

Provide Evidence:
    Providing screenshots of the chat with the accused. I hid the part of the messages with the key and the link to it.
    View attachment 331724

View attachment 331725
    View attachment 331726
    View attachment 331727
    View attachment 331728
    View attachment 331729
    View attachment 331730
    View attachment 331731
    View attachment 331732
    View attachment 331733

Providing a screenshot of the chat with Elder where he let me know that Cow has refunded him the money

View attachment 331746

Attached Files:

2. Elder

Elder New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41620743
    I will throw here some words:
    As brake had problems Cow offered a refund. I told him I rather try the game key, and if it didn't work I won't provide to anyone else.
    He gave me the key, it provided the same message as the one brake posted, but in my language. Told it to Cow. Apparently he tried to get a key working on my region. Apparently that wasn't possible. I say that because appart of text pasted I had no proof those were real messages. I think he asked for a refund to HB or no and maybe traded/resold/gift the key to someone else. I don't care

I noticed a mail from paypal with a refund. Talked to Cow and he told me that HB won't provide a key for my region, so indeed he had refunded me the money.
    Asked him about what happen with the other user who had problem with the key, got no answer.

Hope Cow decides to refund the money to brake too and this report can be canceled.
    __
    PS: Fix my wrongly self-point report and conclude it, thanks: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198043507214-mikyebra-elder-impersonator.48196/
  3. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    I forgot to provide a screenshot of the Paypal transaction. I had put a note about what I am sending money for and had included link to my Steam profile ScreenshotofPaymenttoCow.png
  4. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    Its a year and a half since what happend and my report. Yet I have no response from admin or whatsoever. I understand that there are many other reports but still...
    There must be some order of reviewing those reports, depending on the time they were made.
    I Don't know what to do with that key.

And I personally don't think that any of what happend ( reading the conversation ) can give someone a reason to refuse to talk with the respective site in order to provide me with refund or working key.
    Not to mention that also nothing excuses someone from not carying, while that one clearly knows my key is not working and that one should be cooperative and interested in solving the problem ( which problem unfortunately involves him ), and not the opposite.

I will appreciate any response from Steamrep staff.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    There was a large gap in attention there but it will be ok.
    We don't make any promises to get to them all - but was this report involving a game code or key?
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This report has been found to have no response for an extended period of time.

Either additional evidence or information was requested at which no reply was made and therefore the report will be marked Archived.
    You are welcome to submit a new report with what was requested here along with all other evidence provided and an explanation as to why you were unable to respond to the first report.

Please be sure to follow our Screenshot Guide/Requirements prior to remaking this report or any others in the future and to follow our Investigative Policy as noted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.