1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561197997597742 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Exdeeface, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Exdeeface

Exdeeface New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47561621
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561197997597742 ()

Victim profile: 76561198055388971

What happened? Description:
    First of all, I realise the title might not be perfect, and it does say that CD-Keys (similar to codes I guess) shouldn't be submitted, but if you carry on reading you'll see that money is lost (not by me personally) and will most likely continue to happen, confirmed by the chat and a screenshot of his account page.

So.
    I received a friend request, as a frequent outpost trader this isn't unusual. After he asked me how I was, he told me that a friend of is (has 6 on his friends list including me right now) was interested in "some" of my items in my backpack, these items were:

Diamonds: unusual furious fukamassaga, team captain, el jefe, last breath, all of the keys, and all of the stranges

So basically anything of value. And this rung some alarm bells seeing as it included keys, and they're usually a currency. He offered me $125 for all of those. I do believe this is a main account of his, as he's got 33 games, just under 500 hours in TF2 alone, and half of the achievements with it including several market transactions.

But yeah, I don't believe he intends to pay for it, and I will try to get him to admit it, but for now I'm wasting his time by not accepting the trade and acting like I don't know what the problem is.

I am le master troll.

Update, I did actually get him to admit it. And he might appear to be on it again, he said that steam doesn't do permanent bans anymore, but still it's worth a shot. He claims to have made $2000 in the past few days, so I'd feel better knowing this didn't go on. I'll attach a copy of the chat through screenshots. Someone take this mo'fo' down, for reals.​

Provide Evidence:
    I don't have a chat of the initial trade, I have dual screens and it made makes it difficult to screenshot a single window. He cancelled the trade after I made it abundantly clear that I knew what was going on.

He admitted to attempt scamming and/or scamming previously, which can be seen in the file scam4.png.

I hope I helped, I don't think I have all the evidence necessary seeing as I never agreed to the trade and nothing of mine was personally lost, but I still feel like something could be done based on what I have.​

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Exdeeface.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review and an SR admin will handle it ASAP.
  3. Bourbon

Bourbon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36743327
    This same guy just attempted to scam me out of my Unusual Barnstormer.
    Tried to assure me that he wasn't a scammer, and to check SteamRep so I did, and lo and behold here this post is.
    Not sure if I can post chatlogs here, but here it is if you want to read it. If this isn't allowed please remove it.

Diamonds: hey! how are you? :D
    Bourbon: Howdy bud, what can I do for you?
    Diamonds: well
    Diamonds: a good frined of mine told me to add you because you have an unusual hat?
    Diamonds: or something like that?
    Bourbon: I do, but it's on the market. Who is your friend may I ask?
    Diamonds: Her name is Angel
    Bourbon: No idea who that is bud
    Diamonds: yeah I kinda figured haha
    Diamonds: what unusual item is it?
    Bourbon: A Barnstormer with Orbiting Planets
    Diamonds: ah
    Diamonds: so would you consider selling it for USD?
    Diamonds: er... cash is what I meant
    Bourbon: It's on the market now bud
    Diamonds: well I can't actually buy anything from the market because I've maxed out my transactions for the year
    Bourbon: Well sorry bud, but I'm only after people buying through the market.
    Diamonds: I could make an offer with PayPal ... you can check my reputation on my steam profile
    Bourbon: Well I just did, and got this: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561197997597742-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.69300/
    Bourbon: Yesterday
    Bourbon: "I did actually get him to admit that he doesn't intend to pay for it"
    Diamonds is now Offline.

TL:DR, Tried scamming me, got caught out and bailed.
  4. alexjc2468

alexjc2468 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59229039
    This guy never learns. He attempted to scam me from my 3 unusuals + 1 collector's direct hit + 1 max hat. My account is worth a little under 500 total, and he was offering 1200 usd. I was skeptical and had my doubts. I eventually agreed, but the day I agreed, I had to go. When I came back today, I decided to do a steam rep check before I traded; that's when I found this. I hope this scammer get banned. Unfortunately/Luckily, I didn't trade, so I saved my hard earned items, but I can't report him for scamming (because I stopped him before he could). I couldn't get the whole conversation because my chat updated. I'm sort of a noob when hit comes to chat history and viewing the past days. Anyways, I have snap shots of what we typed today when I revealed to him what I had learned. Note: this conversation happened after I agreed I would pay yesterday. I tried to sell my items in a reasonable way for money. He panicked and ran because he figured out what I had discovered.
    Profile:
    | steamname: Diamonds
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:18666007
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997597742
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GoldPlatinum
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197997597742

click the pictures for the conversation! Also, Since I don't have a picture of what he messaged be earlier, I'll just sum this up:

He came to me asking if he could buy my unusuals, collector, and max. I asked him how he found me, he said his friend "Angel" said Something about me having unusuals. I went to backpack.tf to check his account. He had also told me he'd done the many times before. I noticed that currently he had "crap" in his bp. I asked him that if he'd done this (FYI, "this" means buying unusuals with money) before, why did he have so little things. I also noticed that his account's value had crashed over a small period of time. When asked, he said something about having to sell his things to help pay for his brother's college. The rest of the conversation was him telling me about some trader's thing where if you were to put a description about your deal and both were to agree, the items would be put on hold and not traded until 1200 was in my account. At that point, I realized this guy was full of crap. I decided to agree that day and purposely left and didn't come back until tomorrow. The rest of the conversation are in the pictures ( Not sure if they are in order). In that conversation, I decided to address him about his scamming history and etc. I offered I legit deal, but he unfirended me after I described it. That could only mean his attempt to scam me failed.
    Seriously, what idiot pays 1200 usd for an account only worth 500?!
    Anyways, I hope this guy gets what he deserves, also, should I have made my on post about his scamming, or was commenting enough? Anyways, thanks for your time. Good luck to those traders who hope to trade without fear of scammers!

Attached Files:

5. alexjc2468

alexjc2468 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59229039
    Oh yeah, for those wondering, I was skyping one of my friends while chatting with diamonds. o_O
  6. snakeathon

snakeathon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16506930
    Another attempted steam wallet fraud, not sure how to attach files, but don't trust him. He tried to steal my 2 unusuals and a few other things such as my earbuds and stranges.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. MR..Dollop

MR..Dollop New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:4547123
    at it again with me too

Never tell your password to anyone.
    Gold & Platinum: oh hey!
    Gold & Platinum: how are you? :D
    MR..Dollop: Hi im fine how are you
    Gold & Platinum: doing really well thanks for asking
    Gold & Platinum: oh... didn't you have unusual hats?
    MR..Dollop: been messing with them since 2001
    MR..Dollop: 2011
    Gold & Platinum: oh nice
    Gold & Platinum: do you still have your unusual hats
    Gold & Platinum: or did you sell them?
    MR..Dollop: they are all on the market atm
    Gold & Platinum: oh
    Gold & Platinum: I was going to ask if I could buy all of your unusuals + all of your stranges together
    MR..Dollop: wow
    MR..Dollop: have you had a break from trades?
    Gold & Platinum: yeah haha
    Gold & Platinum: I cashed out a few months ago
    Gold & Platinum: sold everything I had for $2.1K
    MR..Dollop: see outpost has baaned you for bp hidden
    Gold & Platinum: yeah I don't use outpost
    MR..Dollop: what you offering for these items
    Gold & Platinum: weeeell
    MR..Dollop: how would we trade
    Gold & Platinum: if you add in the BMOC and your Ebenezer
    Gold & Platinum: I'd offer you $700
    MR..Dollop: i would sell for that but worried about how we would do the transaction
    Gold & Platinum: oh
    Gold & Platinum: have you ever done cash trades?
    MR..Dollop: done a fair bit normally break hats down into buds and keys etc sell that way
    Gold & Platinum: okay well cash trading is really easy
    Gold & Platinum: it's all I've ever done so I know how this works
    Gold & Platinum: do you have a paypal account?
    MR..Dollop: yeah i normalt then sell via paypal
    Gold & Platinum: okay awesome
    Gold & Platinum: we'll just do this with paypal then
    Gold & Platinum: can you pull your unusuals off of the market btw?
    MR..Dollop: i can at the click of a button
    Gold & Platinum: so.... do we agree on $700?
    Gold & Platinum: for your unusuals + stranges + bmoc and ebenezer?
    MR..Dollop: i would sure brb
    Gold & Platinum: okay

Attached Files: