1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198004293527 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Philip, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Philip

Philip New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32405366
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198004293527

Victim profile: 76561198025076460

What happened? Description:
    In the beginning it seemed fine, I was intending on trading my butterfly knife + some cash for his Karambit slaughter. Then the trade changed into me selling my butterfly on the market and then purchasing his Karambit for that steam wallet money. (this is what he said in chat 'ill trade u knife and i put an item on market and u buy it off'

That sounded good to me as just like that it sounds like he would trade me the knife first and then I would buy whatever he lists on the market. At this point I am pretty happy with how things are going.

It sounded too good to be true though, my friends agreed. I'm fairly new to this whole trading thing. I checked Steamrep and noticed he had two scam reports, both for a similar type of trade. I thought to myself, I don't really want to get scammed but I'll play along and see what would have happened If i did sell it. This is when I started recording. I recorded the whole thing, its an hour long, it doesn't really show anything that the chat screenshots don't, it just gives a behind the scenes look I guess. (i.e talking to my friend about what is happening and asking him to hold my knife, the inspect elementing of webpages etc)

I did kind of mess up, to make him believe I had sold the knife I set my profile and inventory on private whilst I found a friend to hold on to my knife. (this made him suspicious, rightly so, perhaps I shouldn't have done that) I also used inspect element to make a couple of fake screenshots to move the trade along further. (These screenshots are edited to show that someone had purchased the knife from me.) (and yes i did intend on giving him the knife back if he did actually hand it over, believe it or not)

I know this really looks very suspicious on my behalf however you can rest assured that I have much more important things to do than to try and steal CSGO items which I could easily purchase myself.

Really what I have doesn't show much, perhaps only a scam attempt, however, combined with the two other reports he has against him I think it proves that he is up to something and that his intention was to scam even though it didn't get that far in this instance.

If anything else is required let me know, I have tried to make this as concise as I can, its my first time ever reporting someone here so hopefully this works.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 133420
    1 - Initial contact, nothing really of any use.

View attachment 133421
    2 - The trade agreement, I sell my knife for steam wallet funds, he sends knife and I purchase an item of his from market for the amount I earned from the sale.

View attachment 133422
    3 - After viewing his SR reports I remove my knife from market, make inventory private and find a friend to hold onto my knife whilst I see where the scammer tries to go in this situation - I'm not going to be handing over the money first. Tries to argue that I have less rep etc, just read it you will see. I did trade to my friend, I was being cautious as I knew that the outcome would be me getting nothing in return. At the bottom of the chat you can see that I sent a screenshot, this was just a screenshot of my trade history, edited to remove the one where I trade with my friend.

View attachment 133423
    4 - Hes kind of making stuff up, saying he has a screenshot of knife still in my inventory which was impossible since I made it private before trading it to my friend, perhaps just trying to make excuses and turn the tables on to me being the 'scammer'. I try to push it further to see if he wanted to continue the trade.

View attachment 133424
    5 - Comes up with some theories about how I'm scamming etc. At this point I do admit it doesn't look good for me at all. But ultimately he had no intention of ever handing over anything.

Video confirming the identity of the person in question -

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      175.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      177.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      167 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      170.8 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      171.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Philip

Philip New User

Steam:
    Let me just add - I was kind of playing stupid, I know that steamrep can't ban so in screenshot 5 just ignore that. Was trying to get a reaction etc.
  3. paszaTriceps

paszaTriceps New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37090029
  4. Philip

Philip New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I get that the staff have some kind of system to handling these things but I certainly think they too slow to deal with them.

By the time they get around to handling them, the reported scammer could have potentially scammed 10+ more people. Its a shame because the idea of steamrep is good, I think that people will eventually come to the conclusion that its pointless even making a thread here.
  5. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hello @Philip,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.