1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198004484072 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Declivity ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), Feb 2, 2015.

1. Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198004484072

Victim profile: 76561198024690138

What happened? Description:
    This person was offering to buy backpacks for paypal money. We agreed on me receiving $140 for my backpack, minus some items that were special gifts to me. The scam occurred when after trading about half of my backpack to him through trade offers he backed out on the agreement because my SF Pro KS Shotgun was untradable until FEB 08 due to me recently getting it from the market.

I gave him the fair option to return my items and part ways but he refused and gave me no payment, no response after what is shown in the screenshots and kept the 300+ valuable items I had traded him.

He also made a counter report http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198024690138-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.91085/

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      140.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      166.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      131.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      135.4 KB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      159.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      157.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      158.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      732.7 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      414.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      345.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      323.3 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      332.9 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      254.1 KB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      228.9 KB
      Views:
    • 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      161 KB
      Views:
  2. Note: there were responses after what is shown in the screenshots later on. Nothing important however.
  3. The Wayne Train

The Wayne Train Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:3245429
    The fact that you said in the 1st screen shot that YOU posted, the items that you are leaving out and the Strange Festive Shotgun was not on that list, makes this report in-valid.

But to go the extra step, Un-Trade-able items are worth something, and are counted via backpack.tf (HOUWARS, Summer Shades, Unusuals, ect) the fact that he did not know it was un-tradeable is his mistake, but it should 100% still be in the deal, since no mention of " X = List of items I want to keep + Un-Trade-able items" was said, you listed all the items you wanted to keep, and that was the agreement.

He even made you use the un-trade-able name tag on an item.

All I see is a poor last minute haggle to save a buck or two that turned ugly.

Not only did he give you more then a fair chance, to simply knock of the value of whatever you counted the shotgun as as a compromise, he did not need to offer that, and he retracted that offer and stood his ground on the agreement that even you agreed to minutes into the conversation.

Sorry if I am not wanted in this report however since 32BitPimp is an Admin on my "$$ Cash/Pure for TF2 Backpacks! $$" group on steam, I feel I am obligated to do so, since the group is dedicated to the safe and trusted purchases of inventory.

Attached Files:

4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Evidence looks okay to me. The fact that the accused wouldn't return the items for your fair agreement in my eyes, is a scam. The shotgun is indeed, not tradeable til the 8th of February, and the accused could simply have returned the items and possibly done the deal when the shotgun became tradeable.

Attached Files:

5. ReljaGamers™ TF2

ReljaGamers™ TF2 Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67503895
    I hate that guy, i added him to sell my bp for pure then he just said no your marked on steamrep ( i have caution i really dont know why ) and blocked me. Minutes later i saw he posted -trust on my bp.tf profile for no reason.
  6. @The Wayne Train

I think your opinion is biased.

secondly, You think I accepted the offer of $140 thinking the shotgun was a part of it? Think about the idea of me giving him an untradeable item, common sense, no, he will not be receiving it.
    I would have thought that he knew that since he has done this multiple times. It's a simple task of viewing my backpack, sorting by "Not Tradeable" and checking which items will obviously be excluded by default

last, I am not going to tolerate getting ripped off by what I would guess is $50+ as a "compromise" for a mistake he made and admitted to making. If you want to talk about a "fair chance" how about the multiple times I requested my items back and for us to part ways?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello, can you give a screenshot of ALL your moeny history?
    Make sure it shows at least one month of history.

Besides I'm sure an agreement can be reached between parties, if such thing happens, please let me know-
  8. Attached file has all history from 2015

No agreement has been made. I was personally looking for a SR admin to be a judge and force a fair agreement, since there is no right in leaving things the way they are as of now.

Attached Files:

• 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      143.1 KB
      Views:
  9. Could someone mark this as evidence provided please
  10. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Can you give paypal history from the last 2 weeks?
  11. attached

No activity since the last history posted

Attached Files:

• 17.png
      17.png
      File size:
      142.2 KB
      Views:
  12. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    In a situation like this, where the trade agreement is accidentally breached, the trade is to be reversed entirely if the 2 parties cannot come to a mutual agreement. From the conversation, it's clear that @Declivity ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fully intended to correct the situation, while @32BitPimp refused to cooperate and opted instead to change the deal, holding the victim's items as collateral and then even filing a report against the victim. What should have happened here is for 32bitpimp to return the items to Declivity if he did not agree to pay for the backpack minus untradeable items. If 32bitpimp were concerned about the untradeable items, he also should have known full well they were untradeable and accounted for who was responsible for the gift wrap, instead of expecting victim to magically transfer an account-locked item. Accused at no point offered gift wrap that as an option, but instead threatened to report victim here for not agreeing to new terms. To expect the victim to obtain gift wrap at their own expense, while already sending accused their entire inventory, without a prior agreement, would also be unreasonable.

Furthermore, 32bitpimp had over 2 months to repay the victim or offer gift wrap so the victim could complete their trade agreement. For keeping the victim's items in this fashion, without any manner of payment, and using this lack of payment as leverage to manipulate victim into agreeing to new terms ex post facto, I am issuing a BANNED tag for 32bitpimp. From what has been provided, I see no evidence of any wrongdoing on the victim's part, and every intention to remedy the situation despite their own loss. Declivity's reputation therefore remains unchanged and the report against them will be archived.