1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198008204105 - (Devil231 / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by dRumMzZ, May 27, 2014.

1. dRumMzZ

dRumMzZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14541253
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198008204105 (Devil231)

Victim profile: 76561197989348234

What happened? Description:
    In a SteamTrades thread, he asked 1 TF2 key for a Space Farmers 2-Pack. I immediately thought it was too cheap but decided to see what he had to say, in regards to what I asked him (on the thread).
    In the trade window, I could see the gift had "2-Pack Gift Copy" in it's description. Upon seeing that, I thought that he did, in fact, had the 2-Pack that I wanted (I didn't realize that the "GIFT" part meant that it was the additional copy, from an opened 2-Pack). We traded and, obviously, only got one copy (no second copy on my inventory, since it wasn't a full 2-Pack). Only after that happened, I started to think that he probably gave me the "spare copy", but I decided to say that I was going to talk with Steam support, to see his reaction. He, obviously, did nothing besides "oh ok".
    The thing is, we continued to talk and he does not say where he got the copy from (which just means that he is lying and does not want to say that he actually gave me the secondary copy).
    Three days later I decided to confront him, I either get my second copy (or my key back) or I would report him. His reaction is shown on the last two screenshots.

TL;DR: He "scammed" me because he was supposed to give me a full 2-pack, but ended up only giving my the additional copy (the item had "2-pack gift copy" on the description and I didn't realize "2-Pack GIFT copy" = second copy).​

Provide Evidence:
    The agreement was made on a Steam Trades Thread and was confirmed through chat (chat screenshot #1, second file attached).

He also had his gifts hidden, even after I explained him how to make them completely public.

On the trade history picture you can clearly see the description and his name.

On the last two screenshots you can see the last time I talked to him (today, three days after the day when we traded).
    He says that he got the gift from WGN (probably a giveaway) and doesn't make any comment when I tell him that he could try to reach the person that gave him the gift. Obviously he does not want to do that because he knows that he gave me a secondary copy and not the full 2-Pack.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Marking ready for review.