1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided Report: 76561198010000528 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Cryptato, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Cryptato

Cryptato New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56740494
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198010000528 ()

Victim profile: 76561198073746717

What happened? Description:
    Scammer added me, wanted to pay money for some of my items through steam trade offer, which as you probably know is not possible.

I also have another report open of another scammer trying the same scam on me, but that is still pending, If I'm doing something wrong with these reports please tell me because I want those scammers banned.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenies of the chat, offer and profile included.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
    Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
  3. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24867400
    I'll start with the apologies for the problems you went trough.

Between 15/7/2014 - 23/07/2014 my steam account was stolen ( see differences between that profile and this ). As soon as I was be able to recover it many friends have told me that I tried to steal ther items in tf2 /cs go and have realized that the account was stolen and that person wasn't me. Fortunately none of the attempts have not reached the end. Unfortunately I can not prove that that time I was not on this account so it's a "believe it or not" thing and I feel very embarrased and bad about it, though I've got many reps, trades, and the first time I started trading I tried to be as accurate and fair as possible.
    I was lucky cause yesterday a friend checked my steamrep and saw this and I was like -> (...) otherwise

If this post will lead to a ban on steamrep I will try to reconcile with the idea, if not I appreciate that you understand that could happen to each of us.
    Again sorry for the problems and all the things that you've been trough ( Cryptato ) and I'm honestly glad you managed to post on steamrep.

P.S
    Sorry for my english
    The account has + 5 years
  4. Cryptato

Cryptato New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56740494
    Hey Mike Swaggins,

If your account indeed got hacked I do not wish that you be banned. It is a very unfortunate situation and you already have to go through enough in recovering your account and potentially any things the hacker did to your account. That being said, if you actually were the person trying to scam me, I have no remorse and think you deserve a ban, and a very long one considering you would have lied about your account being hacked.

So I did some amateur investigation to see if I could find evidence supporting or contradicting the claim that your account got hacked. Your account does have (like you said) 5 years of history. In these five years this is the only report filed against you. Most scammers have several reports filed against them, so Im inclined to believe this may have been a hacker. However, I noticed that in the period from 19/07/2014 (the day of the scam attempt on me) untill 21/07/2014, during the period you claim your account was hacked, your backpack value increased from almost nothing to 1.2k dollars, according to backpack.tf. So your account was actively trading during the period you claim it was hacked, and it made a very suspicios amount of profit doing so.

An obvious explanation for this would be that a few people got scammed by you in this period, and that now that you have made your profit of scamming you want to stop scamming and try to avoid a ban. However I know that things aren't always what they seem to be, and I don't want to judge people too quickly. I do however want an alternative explanation as to how your account was active in trading, and how it made so much profit during a period in which you claimed that it was stolen.

Like you said its ultimatelly a thing of believing or not believing, but I believe people are innocent untill proven guilty. The scam attempt on me and the suspicious trading and profit are proof that scamming probably took place. The hacking would explain the scam attempt on me, but not the suspicious trading. If you can give a believable reason that would explain the suspicious trading then there is no proof that you are a scammer.

It is not my job to decide whether you get banned or not, however like I said I want the ban (or lack of ban) to be correct. If you can explain the suspicious trading I would personally like to ask SteamRep not to ban you, but to keep this report archived in case another report against you does ever pop up. If you can not explain the suspicious trading I find it hard to believe that you did indeed get hacked and that you had no control over your account when those trades were made, and I see no reason not to ban you.

I hope to see a reply from you with an explanation.

Kind regards,

Crypto
  5. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    Thanks for the reply and I'm glad you managed to do some investigations.

The phrases "an explanation for this obvious that would be a few people got scammed by you in this period, and that now you have made your profit of scamming you want to stop scamming and try to avoit the ban " I got your point and it's probably even the strongest explanation.

I checked myself and indeed it is, don't have a proof if trades were made at that time, however profit was made, but not by stolen items. how I know that ? Besides steam wallet messages and other things, that guy asked random people for free items, thinking that absolutely all the people on my steam friendlist know me and I know all of them. I woke up with a few blocks and simple items that I didn't have before. What is very important and to mentioned, some time after I had left TF-TRADING, i have sold a few items and a few others I passed to my friends for playing with them, believing that one day maybe I relapsed. The "thing" that has manage to break my account, managed to " borrow" an unusual from a friend ( mention that Marius didn't know that I wasn't on that account ) and he was thinking that I will not recover my account never and he can play cam and quiet, maybe become a trader and ruin my reputation. Mention no2. that the sudden increase of 1.2 k was indirectly a fair one not a scam one, cause the unusual / unusuals " borrowed" from my friend was mine time ago. As you said how can it be only one report in 5 years, somethings strange or something strange or something wrong happened.

The only thing that I'm happy for is that I did not receive a complaint for stolen unusuals or cs go knives, but only attempted, otherwise the things could be very complicate,more complicated that they're now. And speaking of increasing yesterday my bp worth 1.7 k now is 1k ( cause a duped executioner secret and downgraded for 2 clean but cheaper unusuals ).

The strange thing is why he didn't swap my items to his account. I'm doing researches at the moment for that guy but the simple reason that I have in mind it's the probability that is TRADE BANNED and he couldn't make any trades. I hope I'll find him soon.

I'm sorry for the to many details but I just tried to say what happened , and I tried to be honest as possible
    Thanks again for your time, questions and answears and just like you I hope and want all the guilty pay
    I hope things will work out quickly and accurately

------------
    M.S.
  6. Jew

Jew New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56259001
    this seems like a pretty obvious scam, we are supposed to believe that the scammer asked your friends and received $1,000 in unusuals and didn't bother to trade it to himself?
  7. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    I said in my 2 comments but i see you're not eaven bother check, he wanted my account to remains his , that's the only explanaition, also i've talked about the $ range.
  8. BioPanda

BioPanda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53975772
    Can I ask how exactly were you hacked? In what method? "Hacked" is a general term you're throwing out. Describe any problems that were dealt with.
  9. jv1

jv1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50042052
    I really find this a lot of bollocks. How does a persn with 5 years of experience in steam just get "hacked"...
  10. jv1

jv1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50042052
    Also I'm pretty sure you need to post pictures of steam support chats.
  11. meh 2

meh 2 Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2082578
    But what about that drop from $1700 to $19 on Aug 10-11...? And the 'hacking' of OP's account seems weird, how can someone with trading experience fall for a phishing link? Was OP's steam password was the same as his primary email?
  12. RAWLEATHERBELT

RAWLEATHERBELT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47692208
    If you actually look inside Mike Swaggins backpack you will see it is no where near 1000$ worth of stuff. I have seen him on TF2Outpost often as well and he does not seem like the "scammer" type. I know my words mean nothing, but it might help shine some light on this investigation.
  13. BioPanda

BioPanda New User

Steam:
    Evidence1.PNG Evidence2.PNG
    You want to tell me that this one unusual on the 19th was able to obtain 4 of these unusuals?
    If you're going to tell me that you used paypal for this, show the screenshot histories of the payment.

Here we go again on August 6, you have some new unusuals, the worth of them is still relatively the same.
    Evidence3.PNG Evidence4.PNG
    How does it come you spiked that hard in one day by 700 dollars? Lucky trade? Doubt so on that tier of a unusual.
    But what is this?
    Evidence5.PNG
    Trading with this obvious scammer alt? That's a offense in itself. This process is up and down constantly, your BP decreasing to near worthless to jumping back up to the 100s and 1000s.
  14. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    You know the meaning of unpriced unusuals right ( for the bp price ) ? also i didn't trade with no obvious scammer you put some RANDOM PICTURES and i don't understand the meaning of them. Please reply
  15. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    I wish your account would be stolen for just 2 hours not a day or a week...let's see what happens in those 2 hours and than you recover your account. Imagine that , please reply.
    Thanks
  16. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    @BioPanda, most of your comments are "most likely not to be said", unfortunately.. Also you act like a child saying something on my steam profile "scammer, not going to trade with you" without researching nothing. You think I don't have anything better to do just to try to prove my unguilty ? 5 years of community probably means nothing, or does it.

For some weeks I'm trying to get some proofs,screenshots something that could proof that I'm telling the truth, but when you are in my position is very hard to get those things.
  17. BioPanda

BioPanda New User

Steam:
    Firstly, these aren't random pictures I made up or edited. Anyone can find these pictures on your BP.TF link.
    Secondly, it is a bit ironic calling me immature when you wish me to get hijacked and calling me a "child".

Not going to reply anymore. Whatever the admin. says is said.
  18. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    I said to compare both sides, to check the past and than come here with something to say. But the tense " Whatever the admin says, is said" it's correct.
  19. Mike Swaggins

Mike Swaggins New User

Steam:
    +up,
    I'm still waiting for a judgement