1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198011492738 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JakeDunc, Jul 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JakeDunc

JakeDunc New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42177177
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198011492738 ()

Victim profile: 76561198044620082

What happened? Description:
    First of all - this is basically a cash trade done through Steam Wallet. Read on through, and below you'll find a video of our trade as well as screenshots. He said his card he added a credit card which made him unable to trade for 7 days, so he came up with the idea of buying me Steam wallet gift cards. As you can see in the provided proof, we agreed to do the trade in 3 steps like this: first he gives me the $20 Steam wallet gift card. I activate it (you can see me doing that in the video). After that we were to exchange our hats, which we did. Then he was to give me the other $20 card, but after he got the hat he tells me he doesn't actually have the other $20, but promises he'll do it tomorrow. Since it was 2:30am where I live, I proceed to go to sleep and tell him we'll talk tomorrow.

And well, that's the last I've heard from him - he removed me and is now selling my half-payed hat on outpost: http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/21492074

Provide Evidence:
    http://imgur.com/a/mpFML

Imgur album with the pics I have taken before the actual trade started. I'm also uploading chat screenshots from the video I recorded of us trading. The video is 20 minutes long and it'd take me ages to encode and upload it, but if it's absolutely necessary I'll do that. :)

I hope this is enough, but if you need ANYTHING else, I'll do whatever I can.​

Attached Files:

2. JakeDunc

JakeDunc New User

Steam:
    I mentioned the video in the report but half-way through writing it I realised it'd take forever to upload it and I just took screenshots from it.
  3. JakeDunc

JakeDunc New User

Steam:
    Also, I just figured out the uploaded screenshots are in a kind of a mess, they aren't really chronological. If you need me to sort them please do not hesitate to ask.
  4. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Upload videos if you have them
  5. JakeDunc

JakeDunc New User

Steam:
    The video:

UPDATE: Through the great job an outpost admin (Toughbox) did - I got my code in the end. After a 2 hour ordeal the guy had some silly excuses but I think that in the end he just realised he's gonna get banned and just re-added me. Noteworthy is also that he blocked me last night after removing me. One of his excuse was that he did send me the code and then deleted me (obvious, easily checkable lie http://puu.sh/aqYIJ/aaab007ea1.png - note no codes in the chat history after he re-added me).

However, this one is on you guys - if you think this is untrustworthy behavior or not. Toughbox, who I owe many thanks, thinks this might've just been a misunderstanding - I don't, considering tons of different excuses.

Once again, call is on you. Thanks for reading through and doing a favor to the community.
  6. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    So you did get the code promised and it did work?
  7. JakeDunc

JakeDunc New User

Steam:
    Yes I did, but after 3 different lies uttered by the guy and a lot of threattening and reporting. In the end he just got scared when he realised what might happen.

That's still enough to mark someone as untrustworthy imo.
  8. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    Archiving
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.