1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198012847474 - (SPYderman - Watching House / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Cryptato, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cryptato

Cryptato New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:56740494
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198012847474 (SPYderman - Watching House)

Victim profile: 76561198073746717

What happened? Description:
    User randomly added me pretending to be a Skial and Steamrep admin, sending me a link to "his steamrep profile" (http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198013542156) and claiming that my unusual was duped.

Little bit of research and it turned out the steamrep profile didn't match the steam account.

Can't prove that he was trying to get his hands on my unusual, because he noticed I figured him out before he actually finished his story, but I'm pretty sure he wanted to scam my unusual.

So he didn't get my unusual, but I would like this guy dealt with before he scams people that don't notice he is a fake. I saw he is already tagged so I don't know if this report actually achieves anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt.​

Provide Evidence:
    Pictures of the chat window and the profiles of the scammer and the guy he was trying to impersonate are attached. This is the first time I report anything here so I'm sorry if I missed something I was supposed to add.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Known scammer and already tagged on Steamrep. This is noted and will be implemented on their account if they ever appealed.
    Thank you for your report.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.