1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198013542156 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Renegade, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Renegade

Renegade New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:54078508
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198013542156 ()

Victim profile: 76561198068422744

What happened? Description:
    A guy added me on steam and ask what i want for my M9 Bayonet Casehardened Wellworn.
    Talk with him for an hour or so before i agree to a middleman (SPYderman).
    Once ive traded my knife to the middleman they just block me and leaves the chat.
    All i can give to identify the other person is that he was named
    "syc" ingame.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• scam.png
      scam.png
      File size:
      176.3 KB
      Views:
  2. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    Are you sure you are reporting the right person?
    He might be an impersonator.
  3. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    The person you're reporting is the ACTUAL SPYderman, an official Skial admin and middleman (to my knowledge). The most likely thing to have happened here is that you're the victim of an impersonation scam, try and find the person who impersonated the real SPYderman and provide a screenshot of your paypal history from the last month or so and your trade history on steam. My advice to you, apologize to the real SPYderman for reporting him instead of the impersonator who probably scammed you and always choose the official steamrep middleman from now on, in the event that the buyer chooses the middleman make sure its the actual middleman your'e trading with, not a fake. All you have to do is copy and paste the "middlemans" steamurl into the steamrep search bar on the homepage, sorry you lost your stuff though. Good luck with future trading!
  4. SevenStars

SevenStars New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42919798
    You posted just a moment before I posted my reply, sorry I guess :p
  5. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    First, go to your trade history : http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198068422744/inventoryhistory
    Click on the scammer's nickname and click it and then you will be redirected to the real scammer's profile.
    And follow the instructions below
    • Impersonation: The image should include the URL of the impersonator's profile. If you do not have this enabled in your Steam browser, you can do so by going to your account settings.
    This is an example of a good screenshot showing an impersonation.

1. Make sure the URL of the person's profile is visible.

2. Click on the arrow to bring a drop-down box of the person's names. Both that and the person's avatar as well should be visible.

3. Make sure the person's game play stats are also visible (if possible).

[​IMG]

And also upload a screenshot of your trade history(all trades happened at the date of the scam should be included)

• Inventory/Trade History: Go to your Inventory from your Steam profile.
    [​IMG]

On the right side, you will see a View Inventory History link.
    [​IMG]

Example of a inventory history screenshot. BE SURE TO NOT INCLUDE your Steam account name! DO INCLUDE all history from the day/days of the scam.
    [​IMG]
  6. SPYderman233

SPYderman233 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26638214
    This was an impersonator. I barely trade and I pretty much don't even play csgo. Its actually gotten out of hand to the point where I'v gotten trade banned for doing nothing at all. The last time I ever traded was back in june.
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello @Renegade,

Some time ago information was requested regarding this topic. So far you have not answered our staff member's request. This post serves as warning; the next time this is checked, it will be closed if no response is given.

The time period granted to you to provide the information is 7 days. If an admin checks the report after this period of time has passed and no information is provided, the report will be closed.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Renegade,

As per @Mattie! said so, the time to respond has expired. I'm therefore archiving this report. You can redo the report again, but please take into account the above, and make sure the accused is the correct one.