1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198016576567 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Standin.czerine?, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Standin.czerine?

Standin.czerine? New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:97284832
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198016576567

Victim profile: 76561198154835393

What happened? Description:
    this guy didn't added me but there is a link that he is offering an item for an exchange but after i read his message and i open my dota 2 acct all of my rares,mythical and immortal items are gone. he use this name paulliversage and added me​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Due to changes in our investigative policy, we do not accept phishing reports anymore. As such, I am archiving this report.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/notice-changes-to-investigation-policy.47952/

Also please keep in mind that users posting phishing links are often phished/hijacked themselves, and their account is being used to try and hijack even more accounts. For that reason, it's best to leave these cases to Valve/Steam as we do not have the resources to handle such cases; the victim would have to appeal their tag once they regained access to their account.

Instead, you should report both the user you linked above, and the one who sent you the link, to Valve directly.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation (Suspected Hijacker or Phishing), then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**