1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198017654944 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by strokeMeister, Jan 12, 2015.

1. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:100950266
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198017654944

Victim profile: 76561198162166260

What happened? Description:
    I was selling a knife, and a guy told me he would give me 100$ for it, I was afraid of being scammed and he would not give first. So he told me that we could get a middleman from steam rep, and I said, What is steamrep, etc.... He told me everything and I said, okey lets do it. So this guy called [RG]Bacon [/r/tf2trade] joined the chat, he bagan talking. He asked what the buyer would pay, and he said 100$ and he asked me if I agreed. So he said, Ok buyer, you send me your knife and I will hold on to it until I have the money from the buyer. So I sent him my knife, and he asked the buyer if he had the money ready, he said yes and then the buyer didn't write anything in a while. Suddently a message came from the Steamrep middleman, it said: Attention! A steam update have been done, please restart your steam browser or something. So I did that, but it didn't work, he said, don't you worry just do it I got ur knife and won't give it to the buyer until You have the money, I said ok and restarted it. When I came back on, this Steamrep guy had blocked me! Now I know why he asked me to close the browser and steam and everything! Then he blocked me and I can't see our chat! But ass you can see at the pictures below it is him..... And I'm so angry because I used allot of my christmas present money at that knife...
    Please help me!​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    As you can see in the URL it is the one and only Bacon in your staff....

Attached Files:

3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Click on his name in the inventory history rather than any link the scammer gave you. This is with 99.9% certainty an impersonator. In the Steam browser, get the URL and a screenshot of the page shown when you click the name directly from the inventory or trade offer history.

If you search Steam friends you'll see so many impersonators. For example:
    [​IMG]
  4. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    I did that... I pressed in from the Trade history.
  5. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    And then I came in on the same site that when I press in from your website. :/
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    You notice how the one you pictured first has 2 games and the real one has 309? And the badges on the right are entirely different?

To view the actual profile URL in question you should enable displaying the URL in the Steam browser. Click this checkbox, click Okay, and then restart Steam:

[​IMG]
    Then go back to the inventory history and get the real Steam URL of the imposter.
  7. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    OK im rong i guess.... Its just so freaking annoying to be scammed for that amount of money! SO I'm not gonna bother u guys here anymore. Sorry
  8. strokeMeister

strokeMeister New User

Steam:
    If its anything I can do to get my knife back, or money, please tell me.
  9. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    @strokeMeister, I responded to you via PM that there's nothing we can do on our end with regards to getting the item back.

Unfortunately, without the requested information, this report will be archived. Please open a new report with the requested information or evidence if you can provide it later.

Thanks.